FS: VAIO Z Canvas - Best Offer Over $100

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by Steve S, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

I have too many tablets, so I have reluctantly decided to "thin the herd" a bit:

1) VAIO Z Canvas: Has the powerful I7-4770HQ quad-core processor, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Samsung SSD, Windows Pro. Includes pen and AC Adapter. Also comes with custom-cut Photodon 6HS screen protector. As the images show, this unit has no dents, dings or scratches, including the metal back of the keyboard. The display face is flawless. The pen is in equally good condition with no battery corrosion; the pen cap is intact. Despite being 4 years old, the Z Canvas performs just as well as my ZBook X2. The battery and the SSD are in good condition. It is still a very capable tablet. Before shipping, I will rest the OS, so the buyer will need to reinstall Windows updates. Please note that this tablet is being sold as-is.

2) Gently Used, a little over 4 years old (One owner, purchased October, 2015)

3) Images shown below

4) I have decided to run this sale like a silent auction. Sale goes to the best offer over $1oo. The sale will close in one week (Saturday, 14 December at Noon, Central Standard Time). Please post your offers on this thread.

5) PayPal or snail-mail check will be acceptable for payment

6) Buyer pays shipping and can select the shipping method. I have a FedEx account that can provide a small savings

7) Over the years, I have had several successful sales on this forum. Simply search back to find some of them. To the best of my knowledge, all of my buyers have been satisfied.

8) I guarantee that this tablet will not be DOA. However, other than that, this tablet is sold as-is and the sale will be final.

IMG_1963r.jpg IMG_1965r.jpg IMG_1967r.jpg

2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Darn! You caught me just after Black Friday week, when unfortunately my 'disposable income' is at an all-time low.

As I mentioned before, I'm interested in doing some A-B testing with my own Canvas to (hopefully) narrow down the causes of some of the digitizer issues that have plagued some owners.

I feel terrible to make such a low offer, but $300 is about what I can spare right now :oops:. If you're interested in selling 'for science', I promise I'll take good care of it. ;)

And of course, I'll be posting all my findings as final swansong (and future reference) for all fans of this wonderful tablet.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    JoeS likes this.
  3. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Having finally parted with my Vaio "museum collection" I reluctantly pass on this otherwise extremely tempting opportunity. May the best @Marty - er, bidder - win this magnificent piece of legendary kit (and I predicted the "new Vaio" wouldn't last a year!")

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Offer stands at $300. Sale will close in one week...

5. Marty

So I finally had some quality time with my shiny new tablet after the holiday whirlwind, and let me say...this thing is fine! :cool:

Truly the most impeccably-packed, well-maintained, 2nd-hand device I have ever unboxed. It is essentially in mint condition. Had I not conversed with Steve on TPCR for years, I would have scarce believed it was actually used it as a daily driver.

@Steve S, you know how to take care of your tablets!

I also really appreciated that everything came packaged just as if had shipped from VAIO. All of the soft fabric covers for the tablet and keyboard, plastic bags for accessories, plastic box and battery for the pen, documentation, even the little twist tie for the power cord. All there, all complete (and I know, because I bought one new ;)).

He took the time to clean all fingerprints, remove dust from the ports, and even reset the device and thoughtfully made a local user account with my name.

Doesn't get better than that. A++ on this purchase. Thanks Steve. :thumbsup:

6. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

So, don't you feel bad for stealing it? :(o_O:D

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  7. Marty

Hey, I strung every last penny out of my tech budget for this baby! (in fact my budget was emptied :p)

Admittedly, that was mostly because of my inability reign in my tech lust over Black Friday. But hey, sacrifices were made (I didn't buy anything over Christmas) to obtain my new precious. :D

Lilawyn and thatcomicsguy like this.