FS: Lenovo X230T for parts/etc

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by chucklepunch, Mar 24, 2019.

1. chucklepunch

chucklepunch Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys. My trusty old X230T finally started going out on me. The screen has a dark gradient at the bottom and flashes a bit. It stops if you move the monitor to various positions, so it's pretty clearly a connector issue. Regardless. If there is anyone out there Frankensteining their X230T and looking for parts- the screen is the only thing wrong on mine. It's the outdoor version without touch. Pen is still stabled, of course, and it makes use of the old school wacom tech not the newer stuff. So it's buttery smooth. The stats:

Intel i7-3520m
    16gb ram
    128GB SSD

Everything else is standard. WiFi is super reliable, keyboard still in great shape, etc. Two batteries, one is the big fat 9-cell. Hit me up with an offer if you need something to get your own X230T running, or you're looking to fix up an AWESOME mobile sketching device. Did most my pro work (concept art for games- Ubisoft, etc) on the little guy.

I honestly don't care what I get for it (for mods: 25$ + shipping OBO?). I just want someone who knows how awesome these machines are to keep the dream alive haha.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. A.Thimker

A.Thimker Pen Pal - Newbie

-------------------------------

Hey! -- I just came across your offer while searching out info on the Lenovo X-Series of tablets... I would be really interested in this to fix up. From the bit I've quickly researched, it seems it may need a new screen rather than just a connector fix -- but it's something I'd be up to do, either way. This seems like it would be really helpful for what I need. I'm in Colorado (a bit north of Denver) but I think it would fit in a medium USPS Flat-Rate box?
    Please let me know...

Thanks! -- Brian

3. chucklepunch

Heya. The laptop is currently in shipment with the rest of my stuff, as I’m in the middle of a relication to NYC. Once it arrives I’ll get an estimate on shipping and we’ll sort it out. Should be later this month or the beginning of May at the latest!

4. A.Thimker

A.Thimker Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, so I figured you'd be pretty busy with the move to the Big Apple, but I did want to touch bases and let you know I'm still interested in it...

-- Brian

5. chucklepunch

I didn’t forget about ya!

Actually receiving my stuff today, so I’ll have the laptop back in my possession. Have to do some freelance work this coming week, then we’ll get this guy shipped out to you