FS - i7 Surface Pro 3 In Superb Condition

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by Steve S, Dec 6, 2015.

1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hmm i wonder why the lack of interest. I am considering my Surface Pro 4 when I get my MSP 16. Might have to keep it in the family.

2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

The Surface Pro 3 cooling system and dated 22 nm, 4th generation or Haswell processor has serious issues with thermal throttling under load, so much so that even the passively cooled Surface Pro 4 m3 outperforms the i7 model under extended workloads. For example, the Surface Pro 3 i5 and i7 will throttle down to around 1.8 GHz when Chrome is playing a YouTube video and has several tabs open whereas the Surface Pro 4 m3 doing the same thing will stay at around 2.0 GHz consistently. Keep in mind that the Surface Pro 4's processor also offers better IPC (or instructions per clock), meaning more performance for every MHz or GHz, making it even faster still. Now, the Surface Pro 4, on the other hand, is still fetching a good price on eBay since its design fixed many if not all of its predecessor's flaws, so holding onto your Surface Pro 4 may not make as much sense at this point in time.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  3. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Would you be willing to do $375? I'm torn because I really want a new Android tablet but it's rare to find an SP3 that is so well cared for by such a reliable seller. Can you also verify the following:

1) What version of Windows 10 is running on it? Any issues?
    2) What is the range of battery life you are getting today?

jbaks likes this.
  4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Jeff:

...I think we can make a deal on that. I'll respond to your questions tomorrow.

jbaks likes this.
  5. lovelaptops

Great. Thanks Steve. Jeff

6. lovelaptops

Sold and received, better than new condition!

Steve,

To say you are a class act would be an unkind understatement! I just received the package and am setting up the Surface. It arrived packaged *better* than if new! I've never received a used computer packed so meticulously, with every piece of original packaging, preserved as if you had purchased it yesterday! Even the type cover in it's original packaging. The device looked better than the new Surface I purchased 6 months ago! The only thing that wasn't in it's original condition was the screen protector - I have never seen such a perfect installation of a screen protector in my life, and I have seen and done quite a few! It seems to be setting up just fine, and though technically we should make sure it sets up and runs, I have no doubt that it will, and will let you know just for piece of mind once it has. Steve, I had an extremely good feeling about working with you from the get-go, but I have to say that I stand ready to purchase any and all gear you may wish to sell in the future! Thank you very much. You can rest assured your computer has found a good home and it will be treated with the same love and care that it is clearly used to Jeff

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook Pro using Tapatalk

Marty and Starlight5 like this.
  7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Thanks for the kind words, Jeff. I hope that your SP3 gives you a long and useful life!