freezing when using these forums in IE 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by chapmattman, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chapmattman

chapmattman Pen Pal - Newbie

i was wondering if anyone else has problems using these forums in IE10 in Win8 CP?

the minute i go post in these forums the keyboard comes up but immediately freezes. this happens in both Metro and Desktop modes.

anyone else? i am using firefox for this message.

chap

2. headcronie

headcronie Pen Pal - Newbie Super Moderator

I did a test run with the CP, and unfortunately had to ditch it. Too many issues, like you found, with IE. Think they've still got a bunch of bugs to work out. :(

3. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

I don't get any freezes, but I do have some issues. The Release Preview is coming out in June, the new version of IE10 should have lots of fixes.

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

RP has documented random freezes, often when running IE 10 (Metro or desktop) and sometimes with Chrome. Thurrott is asking readers to email him to take this info to MS, but after Netflix crashed on Sinofsky at the Surface demo, I'll bet MS is finally hunting down this demon.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I'm having issues with IE10 and my email at comcast. For non-work email, I use the Xfinity/Zimbra mail at Comcast. It loads fine with IE9 in W7 but will not load in IE10 and W8. It just runs forever. Anybody have success using native Comcast email. If not, I guess I can use a different mail handler and dl the Comcast mail. Shame that W8 mail doesn't do that, but I guess it would conflict with sales of Office. I like W8 so far, but it is not yet ready for prime time. I still use W8 for all work related stuff. Still, I like the way metro organizes my tablet.

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member