Freezes during XP Install

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Arik, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

pirated operating systems with drivers integrated that are incompatible with the system.

2. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

so....the XP tablet CD's i bought from microsoft are pirated?????
    oh wait....did you mean @ v0va?

3. DRTigerlilly

@ 970261 if you used nlite to add drivers or service packs to your OS install, that is slipstreaming.

99% of the users on this site experiencing blue screens & freezing during installation are using pirated copies of the OS which already have incompatible drivers added.

Users who are using genuine retail/msdn copies of the OS and are using the correct sata drivers don't have these problems.

4. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

alright, thx. that cleared up this "slipstream" thing for me. and hopefully others who read these posts will learn that pirated things can only get you so far, as long as you have a legit key and lost the CD or something similar.

5. DRTigerlilly

it comes down to this, you get a pirated copy, there is no guarantee what you are getting along with it, it could be modified in such a way that it is harmful to your machine, cause hardware damage etc, who knows....

When you purchase a legal copy of the OS you assured at the very minimum a certain level of security.

6. c0r3f1ght3r

c0r3f1ght3r Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a TX2517CL and I'm having the exact same problem as these guys. I actually went out and bought a legit version of Tablet XP 05 and it still doesn't work. Now I can't bring back the software and this tablet pc is a paper weight with horrid vista installed in it. HP needs to be a better company and release some damn support for XP, because its long from dead.

7. mcdull

mcdull Pen Pal - Newbie

v0va, did you slipstream the correct SATA driver?

No, an original CD will not work, I remembered I couldn't get the install addtional driver come up by pressing any key, so I went to slipstream it.

I slipstreamed it (as a matter of fact, pirated or original doesn't matter) with the driver here, it worked like a charm.
    Install XP on the new tx2500

I've also tried slipstreaming it with the SP3 and installed, worked fine also.
    However, installing all other drivers and get everything working was a nightmare.

And instead, I'm happy with the Vista 32 (other than the darn ATI problem with external monitor), and don't see much reason to go back to XP. The XP partition now just sits there along with the Leopard which is still waiting for a HD3200 driver to make it more usable.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. DRTigerlilly

c0r3f1ght3r have you tried following the threads here re installing XP on the tx2500, several users have XP up & running fine, and we've compiled all the drivers you need to get it working.

Not sure i agree w/ you on Vista's horridness, what i do agree w/ is that HP's factory install of it is horrid.

9. v0va

v0va Pen Pal - Newbie

I first attempted with the pirated copy and it did not work, after actually using an original version I was able to get it to work, the first drivers I slip streamed didn't work, the second ones did, I'm not sure because I deleted them off my pc already.

[​IMG][​IMG]

After installing XP and spending it hours to get it working and installing drivers, it still ran like ****, my 1.7 ghz dv6500 ran faster with xp than my tx2500x, so I decided to go back to Vista, which I recommend to everyone. Do yourself a favor and download Vlite, make a custom stripped version of vista and call it a day. As much as I hate vista, I was actually able to make it pretty quick. GL

10. c0r3f1ght3r

c0r3f1ght3r Pen Pal - Newbie

well i finally got XP tablet on this piece... it runs great, but theres still problems. The processors shows up with the wrong speed, and theres just odd things going on like when my bitdefender asks me if i want to allow it just pops up and goes away and then has a error and restarts... My guitar rig 3 program doesn't really work at all, because of something to do with the CPU and audio problems involving latency. I dunno wat to do really... Might just go back to vista and suffer... thanks hp for releasing poop onto my desk...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.