Free PDF Annotation Merger for Eee Note

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by TheTwo, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wagge

Wagge Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello TheTwo and all the other fellow EEE-note owners! I'm very gratefull for the time all of you have taken to develope this awsome software, thank you very much! I just have one question. I can't seem to find the gsdll32.dll file. I have downloaded two GPL ghostscript-packages, both of version 8.64 or greater, but when i search the folder I can't find any file named "gsdll32" with the file extension ".dll" all I find is some other files with the same name but another file extension. Please help me.

2. TheTwo

TheTwo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi,

you have to download the installer package of ghostscript (32-bit) and install it. Then you can find the gsdll32.dll in the installation folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\gs\gs8.64\bin

TheTwo

3. TheTwo

Hi,

I've added support for PDF documents that are landscape but rotated by 90 degree. Now the PDFs of Jamie-B should work. Other rotations (180 degree and 270 degree) are implemented but not tested until now.

TheTwo

4. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks so much!! I didn't see your thread had updated, otherwise I would have commented sooner. I shall test all my new notes this weekend!

Thanks again for your ongoing commitment to this project; you've really saved me.

5. Jamie-B

I've just tested my PDF that originally exported annotations rotated. The annotations now do not rotate; good job!

I'm still receiving a vertical scaling error on the PDFs I've tested so far, though. Here is a screenshot of the PDF while I am drawing on it:
    [​IMG]

... And here is the result of merging the annotations:
    [​IMG]

By rough measurement, I believe the annotations are being scaled in the y axis 20% or 21% more than is necessary (and that the merged PDF has a taller canvas than the drawable area of the Eee Note). I believe this affects all the PDFs I've ever exported, but I can draw some more comparisons if you need them.

Edit: here's a .zip with the untouched source PDF and the annotated PDF: http://files.me.com/jamie.birch/egsv5h

6. burgerproductions

burgerproductions Pen Pal - Newbie

I used this great little program this morning. Worked like a dream. Thanks for all the work you put into it. It was especially useful because I'd been working on a PDF for months, adding notes and comments, and when I updated the firmware from IT to TW this PDF (and only this PDF I must add) became unreadable in the ENote reader. I have no idea why, but it did? All I could see was a grey screen with no text on it. I feared I'd lost all the work I'd done, but thanks to your great app I was able to retrieve all the data and merge it from my backup. That was a real life saver....Thanks! :D

One question: What type of file does it create? I have no trouble opening it in Adobe Reader but I don't see a file extension. It's no great problem; just curious.

7. TheTwo

Hi burgerproductions,

the created files are pdf files. Simply add manually the extension pdf to the files or define it in the output field in PDFAM.

TheTwo

8. TheTwo

Hi Jamie-B,

the Eee Note crops the pdf at the left and right side using the content of the pdf. I think the problem is that you have not tried to activate the "PDF was cropped on Eee Note" function. There the "image analysis" should work.

Please try it and report. For me, it has worked.

TheTwo

9. Jamie-B

Excellent, activating image analysis indeed fixed my problem with that PDF. Thanks a lot!

I exported a lot more PDFs today, but I am continuing to receive bugs in some merged files.

[​IMG]

In this .zip, I've included four different lectures that this bug occurs on. Hopefully they all share the same reason for merging in this manner.

files.me.com/jamie.birch/afb65d

Any idea what's going on? Also, is there a particular way I can export Powerpoints to PDF to prevent any problems from occurring?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. TheTwo

Hi,

I've found the error in the calculation of the position. I will upload a new version. If you find mor examples, that show bugs, please tell me.

To enable my tool to position the annotations more accurately one possibility is to add a frame to the slide when printing it to pdf in powerpoint.
    I'm only able to analyse the width of the slide by the text on the slide or finding on the rendered page the first not white pixels from every side. That does not fit (especially for slides) in every case to the selection of the Eee Note.

TheTwo