Found you a great tool for your EP121, must see

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by harbime, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolan_R

Nolan_R Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm attempting to set up a button that will act as if Ctrl+Shift are being held down together. This is the code I'm using...

; ShiftCtrl key - Control type: ToggleKey
    #Control:ToggleKey
    Name=ShiftCtrl
    Pos=0, 180, 50, 65
    Caption=ShCtrl
    DownKey={Ctrl & Shift Down}
    UpKey={Ctrl & Shift Up}
    Image1=img\50x65.bmp
    Image2=img\50x65a.bmp

Can anyone see a problem with the above code as the button won't work? I've tried replacing Ctrl & Shift inside the curly brackets with ^+ but to no avail.

2. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey Nolan,

Does the following work:

DownKey={Ctrl Down}{Shift Down}

3. Nolan_R

Nolan_R Pen Pal - Newbie

That's sorted it. Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar - many thanks.

4. johnh

johnh Pen Pal - Newbie

Like others I've found this a really useful accessory but I've found that the scroll bar doesn't work in Chrome. Can anyone suggest why this might be, and whether there's a fix?

LATER:
    Looks as though this may help...
    http://www.breezetree.com/blog/index.php/google-chrome-scroll-wheel-fix/

LATER STILL:
    The "Wheeler" app described in the link above does the job, though for it to work consistently you have to uncheck the three "behaviour" options in the Wheeler configuration, and make sure the window you want to scroll has focus.

There are some other apps related to scrolling in Chrome that might also work. Google "chrome scrolling" and see the top two.

5. pacdiv

pacdiv Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone know how to set the slider up so you can zoom in photoshop?

6. NateS

NateS Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey pacdiv,
    there probably is a better way to do set up the scroll for photoshop but this is the way I got it to work. If you want to slow down the scroll speed just lower the # inside DownKey=!{WheelDown 4}. I placed this in the Vertical Slider section below Mod:ToggleWheel commands.

; Application switch: Photoshop
    App:photoshop.exe
    DownKey=!{WheelDown 4}
    UpKey=!{WheelUp 4}
    ; TouchKey is a key that is sent when the touch is released immediatly
    TouchKey=^0
    Mod:ToggleWheel
    DownKey=]
    UpKey=[

hope this works for you

7. lblb

Hey pacdiv,

My answer is probably way longer than what you want but I was inspired by what NateS wrote! I have a different answer than him. But he gave you a lot of good stuff in his answer and since he included several useful functions that haven’t really been discussed in this thread, I thought I would first discuss his answer before I give you my solution.

NateS’ answer is:

Line 1 ; Application switch: Photoshop
    Line 2 App:photoshop.exe
    Line 3 DownKey=!{WheelDown 4}
    Line 4 UpKey=!{WheelUp 4}
    Line 5;TouchKey is a key that is sent when the touch is released immediatly
    Line 6 TouchKey=^0
    Line 7 Mod:ToggleWheel
    Line 8 DownKey=]
    Line 9 UpKey=[

Line 1
    Since this line is preceded by a semi-colon, it will be ignored by the script so you can start a line with a semi-colon when you want to write anything such as a description of what the button does, etc.

Line 2: App:photoshop.exe
    When written after the code for a specific button (in this case after the code for the slider), the command “App:” allows you to modify the function of that button depending on which program you are running. In this case, if you are running Photoshop.exe, the slider will not do what its general description does but will do what is on lines 3-9.

Lines 3 and 4:
    These buttons send the command Alt+Scrollwheel to zoom in and out. The number 4 refers to how fast this will be. In fact, the speed at which you zoom in/out will be influenced by two factors. The second factor is that if you look in the general code for the slider, you will see that there is a line that says “Step=15”. This number essentially relates to how many steps there are on the slider and the number 4 in {WheelDown 4} directs how fast you go through these steps. So if you want to change the speed of any command from the slider, you can change the number of steps and/or change the multiplication factor in {WheelDown 4}.
    I have an older version of Photoshop and I find that for some reason using !{WheelDown 4} to zoom in/out doesn’t always work and that the script most often just sees it as a scrollwheel (without detecting Alt). So to zoom in/out I instead use Ctrl+= and Ctrl+- so the code becomes:
    Downkey=^=
    Upkey=^-

Lines 5 and 6:
    The TouchKey command is the command that is sent if you just hit the slider instead of sliding up or down. In this case, it sends Ctrl+0 which gives you a fit-on-screen view. This TouchKey function hasn’t been discussed before on this forum but it can be very useful.

Line 7, 8 and 9:
    This command is super useful as it allows you to modify the function of the slider. If you look just above the general coding for the slider, there is the coding for the button called ToggleWheel which is the button right above the scrollbar on the script. So when you press the button that’s right above the slider (it’s blue when pressed), the slider can be used for any other function.
    In NateS’ code, the slider is used for zooming in/out with lines 3 and 4 but when you press the button above the slider, now the slider is used to change the diameter of the pen (through lines 8 and 9). Really cool!

Alright, so what is my answer to your question? If you just want to zoom in and out, you can use NateS’ code and change to:
    Downkey=^=
    Upkey=^-

But if you want to make it more useful, you can use the full power of the ToggleWheel button and use a code like this:

; Slider - Control type: VSlider
    #Control:VSlider
    Name=Wheel
    Pos=-35, 50, 50, 200
    ; Specify steps
    Step=15
    ; Specify slide-down key
    Image1=img\50x200.bmp
    Image2=img\50x200a.bmp
    DownKey={WheelDown 4}
    UpKey={WheelUp 4}
    ; TouchKey is a key that is sent when the touch is released immediatly
    TouchKey=^0
    Mod:ToggleWheel
    DownKey=]
    UpKey=[
    Mod:ToggleWheel2
    DownKey=^=
    UpKey=^-
    TouchKey=^0

; Toggle Slider - Control type: ToggleKey
    #Control:ToggleKey
    Name=ToggleWheel2
    Pos=-35, 250, 50, 50
    Caption=Roll
    Image1=img\50x50.bmp
    Image2=img\50x50a.bmp

What this code does:
    1) The slider is used as a scrollbar. Note that if you first press Ctrl then use the slider, it will be a left-right scrollbar.
    2) If you press the ToggleWheel button above the slider, now the slider is used to change the pen diameter.
    3) This code adds a second ToggleWheel button below the slider. If you press this second ToggleWheel button, then the slider becomes zoom in/out.

Hope this helps, even if it’s probably way longer than what you wanted!

8. NateS

NateS Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for that awesome breakdown lblb, your scroll solution works alot better than mine thanks for sharing!

9. lblb

Hey pacdiv,

I was thinking about NateS' answer for zooming in Photoshop... While using !{WheelDown} with the slider doesn't work well for some reason, it does work very well when you just press Alt on the script then use the slider (if the slider is set to be a scrollbar as it is by default). I haven't played with it but maybe this could allow you to better control the zoom in/out magnification multiplier (by adjusting the number of steps on the slider and the multiplier factor for the WheelDown command) than the other method I suggested. Then again, maybe not!

Also, if you use this method using the Alt button to zoom in/out, that could allow you to assign another function to the second ToggleWheel button that I suggested in the previous code. Anyway, just goes to show how great this app is! The developer deserves a medal!

10. jayse

jayse Pen Pal - Newbie

This is a stellar add on for this tablet! Mega thanks! I no longer need a hardware keyboard to use Photoshop efficiently! Had a play at customizing it for Photoshop.

I have the zoom as a + and - button or scroll wheel. I like both. The scroll strip has the modifiers at the bottom for brush size or brush hardness (Sz or Hd toggles). (Thanks to examples by lblb and pacdiv!) I took the multiplier down to 10. I like it more precise that way, and it works perfectly for brush sizes.

I hid the input numbers as they distracted and took up space.

The X key is for switching foreground and background colors.

At the bottom are two keys for setting your brush/layer opacity to 10% or 80% quickly.

I'm a lefty so i used the right-side version. I've attached it here in case it helps someone else get a head start on their customization.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.