Found you a great tool for your EP121, must see

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by harbime, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sas11

sas11 Pen Pal - Newbie

The proper way to write to the registry via touchtest_en.ahk seems to be as follows...

This goes into the touchtest_en.txt file:

#Control:ToggleKey
    Name=Touch
    Pos=0, 0, 100, 50
    Caption=Touch
    DownSub=TouchOn
    UpSub=TouchOff
    Image1=img\100x50.bmp
    Image2=img\100x50a.bmp

And this is appended to the touchtest_en.ahk file:

TouchOff:
    RegWrite, REG_DWORD, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch, TouchGate, 1 SendMessage, 0x1A,,,, ahk_id 0xFFFF
    return

TouchOn:
    RegWrite, REG_DWORD, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch, TouchGate, 0 SendMessage, 0x1A,,,, ahk_id 0xFFFF
    return

Any number of registry tricks can be done this way. Quite nifty !

To recap, UpKey/Downkey executes keypresses, UpSub/DownSub calls subroutines and UpCommand/DownCommand runs external programs

2. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks sas11, I hadn't figured out the upsub/downsub command. This is going to very very useful, thanks for sharing.

3. Tearany

Tearany Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed it, but the buttons aren't working in Corel Painter 11...dangit.

4. lblb

Hi,

The author of the original script has released an update. Follow the link on Post #1: at the top of the page is the English version f of his script (it used to be d).

I have been exchanging e-mails with the author and he is absolutely great! If you find this script useful, I’m sure he would be happy to hear about it! He is working really hard to get this to work as smoothly as it is.

On two occasions I have asked him how to do different things with his script and two days later he replied and shared new versions of the script (versions e and f) that incorporated what I asked! He’s just really really cool!

If you just use his original script, you probably won’t notice any change (except that he corrected “erazer” for “eraser”). If you have been playing around with his script, you may find the following new functions to be useful:

- Scripts can now be started in the minimized state. To add a minimize button, see lines 93-103 of the file named sample_ToggleTouch(with TM2Control).txt. Lines 100-101 show how to start minimized or not.

- Previously, you could only specify the height of the window in relation to the top or the left side of the screen. You can now do it in relation to the bottom or right side of the screen by using "#Window:BottomSpacing=" instead of "#Window:Y=" and "#Window:RightSpacing=" instead of "#Window:X="

- Captions can now have more than one line of text. Use \n for line breaks.

- You can now change the size and style (bold, underline, italics, strike) of caption font by using the command “FontOptions=” and separating with spaces. For example, “FontOptions=s16 bold” will give a caption for that specific button of font size 16 and bold.

5. krfighter

krfighter Scribbler - Standard Member

@lblb:

Thanks a lot for the update. These are just the things I was missing in this script!

6. altorn

altorn Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, Im new to the forum, I'm able to use this keyboard but how do i emulate 3-key combos? like Ctrl+Alt+Z (Undo in Photoshop)
    I tried Downkey = ^AltZ and {^ Alt Z} but I know Im doing something noobish.

7. lblb

Hey altorn,

try the following:

Downkey=^!z

8. altorn

altorn Pen Pal - Newbie

lol, thanks lblb

9. BadGrim

BadGrim Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if this keyboard solution works with the samsung series 7 slate?
    I recently bought one. it's has a wacom digitizer as well.
    I tried it out, but it doesn't seem to work.
    I even tried the asus drivers for the wacom (they are pretty much universal anyway)

10. lblb

Hi BadGrim,

Unfortunately, if you tried it and it didn't work it probably means that it just won't work on your tablet. The developer really developed it for the EP121 only. And unfortunately, although the interface is really easy to modify, I have absolutely no clue how the "internal engine" of this script functions. Let me offer a bit of not-completely-justified-and-maybe-irrelevant hope(!):

1) Some have tried to make it work on the Lenovo X220t. I don't know what the final verdict was on this one but if you look in the following links and use some Google translation magic, maybe you will find if and how they made it work:

RawInputControlTest.ahk BBS
    ????

Notably, in post #7 of the first link there is a link to download a x220t version, so maybe you can try that one. I actually think that the rest of the conversations in the two links above are about how others have tried to modify that x220t version to actually make it work.

2) Time for for some gossip now: The author of the original script wrote in an e-mail that he was working on completely rewriting the script from scratch but that it's not close to being ready yet. That's all he said. But maybe, just maybe, you can hope that the revamped version will work on other tablets than the EP121.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.