Found you a great tool for your EP121, must see

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by harbime, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you and I appreciate your commitment ;)

2. mscottveach

mscottveach Pen Pal - Newbie

EDIT: I deleted everything and started from scratch and now it seems to work; not really
    sure what happened...I think it has to do with getting my .ahk files out of sync with my
    .txt files? I am very unclear on what the relationship between those two files is... what
    does the .ahk file do? just read the .txt of the same name and execute? does that mean
    that all .ahk files are exactly the same save for their filename?

I've been trying to get these various scripts to work on my ep121 -- I'm not having much luck.
    I'll focus on one question for now:

I took lblb's script that he wrote for firefox--it sort of works for me--most of the buttons work
    (except brightness brings up the history pane)--but the vertical slider doesn't...it works in
    notepad but not firefox.

I tried running the script in adminstrator mode but that didn't help.

I tried messing with the step size and also putting a number in the wheel command like
    this: {WheelUp 2} and {WheelDown 2} but neither of those things worked -- actually,
    they kind of worked but wheeling up just made the window jitter a lot.

any advice/help?

3. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey mscottveach,

From everything I've read before, it seems like this script is very robust and works on all EP121's. It's just a matter of finding what the bug is in your case.

Here are a few ideas/suggestions:

- Are you sure you have AutoHotkey_L installed (i.e. the normal older AutoHotkey Basic does not work)? You can download AutoHotkey_L from here:
    AutoHotkey_L

- Does the original script work correctly? You can download it from the link at the very top of the page that is underlined "here" on the following page:
    RawInputControlTest.ahk

- To use all these scripts, make sure you turn Touch off. Yeah, I don't know how it works, but you can interact with this script with your fingers much more fluidly if touch is actually turned off... no clue how that works!

- Once you have AHK_L installed, try to run the script by double-clicking on the original file that has the .ahk extension. If that doesn't work properly, try to compile the original script into a .exe file then run this file by double-clicking on it. (To compile the script to an executable .exe file, right-click on the .ahk file and select "Compile script". After a few seconds, a .exe file should be created.)

Any success with some of the above?

4. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey,

After replying to your message I realized what script you were using (from post #35, right?) That's a really old one that is full of bugs and the brightness buttons will not work for sure. If you want to test this thing better, I suggest you download a much better script that I created here:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep121-slate/45210-app-better-touch-experience-ep121-2.html

The download is on post #12.

I developed that script to make the touch experience better on the EP121. While it may not be everyone's cup of tea (having those small squares on the screen is far from being optimal, and hopefully when Win 8 is solidly implemented something like this won't be necessary), it's been really useful for me. And judging from the number of downloads, it seems like other users also find it useful.

The script that I developed above is not really aimed at art programs so if that is what you are looking for, ignore it and go instead for other ones. Some EP121 and Samsung S7 users have developed some pretty awesome apps starting from the original script. If you want to use this script with art programs, you may be interested in the original script and also, among many, the following:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/sam...ng-series-7-slate-serious-photoshop-work.html
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/47958-artdock-samsung-series-7-slate.html

Do any of these work ok for you?

5. stumms

stumms Pen Pal - Newbie

can anybody make a toolbar like this?

Back
    Forward
    Home or show desktop
    Stop
    Cut
    Copy
    Paste View attachment 2358

6. hunter99

hunter99 To Old Now

stumms, for what program? Key strokes may vary between programs. But I bet you could do it in hour or so. After the first one it would probably be five minutes. Give it a try. Read this thread, and get the downloads they point to. The .ahk files are controled by the .txt files. Read them, the .txt files, to see how they work.

Should have just said see lblb's post just before yours. Grab his download in post 12, there is a great pdf in it that will explain most of what you need to know. He is one heck of a writer.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.