Found you a great tool for your EP121, must see

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by harbime, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harbime

harbime Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all

I've just purchased my EP121 yesterday (from amazon, on the way shipping), but I was very, very wishful that I can find a way to make it almost like wacom tablets where configurable buttons on the side of the screen.

I bought a wireless mini keyboard form amazon, but still not convened.

Until ... until I found this VERY VERY GREAT AND COOL APP, that will give me just what I wanted.

Now I can say EP121 users will enjoy the full experience of Wacom Centiq :)

See it for your self:
    EP121Test - YouTube

Software name: Raw input control (Japanese)
    Download page (Japanese):
    RawInputControlTest.ahk

Didn't tried it yet. So please download it and try it and let us know what do you think.

Thanks

2. Eoma

Eoma Pen Pal - Newbie

it looks great. Thanks for the find.
    Looks like you need both the Autohotkey and the Rawinput files. Will try it out tonight. :)

3. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

Tried on my 2760p with SAI and Illuststudio, but the buttons didn't seem to work....bummer...

4. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wow, this works great. I did have to upgrade AHK to a newer version because I kept getting an error message.
    I really have limited computer knowledge but I am surprised that you can use this onscreen "keyboard" with your fingers when touch is off on the EP121! How does that work? It indeed allows you to use this "keyboard" and the pen at the same time. In fact, with this on and touch off, you can touch the screen with your finger (it won't do anything) and follow the movement of your finger by the coordinates that show up on the "keyboard". Puzzling.

Thanks for sharing this.

5. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

looks very cool

6. bahaya

bahaya Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, thanks for sharing this, i just installed and tried with Paint Tool Sai. It's fantastic! one thing i worried about was that the touch interface covers my left side of menus but as soon as i go there with pen, it disappears, so i can click the menu. But if i go there with my finger it stays, so i can operate it. Really useful app!

7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So is this only for drawing or can it be used outside of the art applications, say for journal or OneNote?

8. bahaya

bahaya Pen Pal - Newbie

On the website, he says that you can configure the keys and the button layout to your liking by modifying the script.
    If you drag and drop the provided example scripts to the panel, you can see.

9. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's just like an onscreen keyboard so I guess you can use it with any program. It's really fantastic (at least for my needs). I've used it with Firefox, Word, ChemDraw, PDF Revu and they all work great. The most useful for me is that there is a slider zone on the left edge that acts as a scroll bar. I've found this to be really useful for scrolling down with my left thumb while annotating pdf files with my right hand. Also cool is that you can press and hold the keys that are on there, which you can't do as easily with most onscreen keyboards. As mentioned before, what I find to be really impressive is that you can use it with your fingers even when touch is turned off so that it really helps minimizing finger smudges when you are drawing.
    As mentioned by bahaya, it seems like you can modify it if you are familiar with AHK. If this continues to work as well as it does right now for me, and with a few modifications, this may well become one of the most useful apps for me.

10. arussell.2

arussell.2 Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree, it is fantastic. I have tried it out with Painter 12, and it's working very well. The "e" key brings up the rotate canvas tool in that program, so I'll probably change that.

What does the key above the little scroll bar do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.