Found leather skin for tx2000! (tx2500?)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by jellycow, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ismoker

ismoker Pen Pal - Newbie

i found a site from that korean site.....www.sgpstore.com
    seems like it's their official online shop in th states..
    have anyone purchased from this site yet?
    i like that they sell those cheaper than ebay so...but im not so sure about this site is setted up or not since they have some blank links..

2. jellycow

jellycow Pen Pal - Newbie

Glad you like their product. I'm very happy with the brown leather one that I got. I'm hoping someone will post their impression of the wooden texture ones.

That site seems legit to me. Can't get anything off of the domain records, but the price is definitely better than the seller from eBay. It seems like that one particular seller on eBay is based in Korea and ships from Korea. If SGP has setup a US office and shipping it directly out of LA, even better! There is a CA tax, but even with that, I think you save about $8.

3. azko

azko Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried placing an order just to see how much it would cost to ship to canada, and even though i chose the least expensive shipping option (First Class Mail International Large Envelope $2.44), when i went to the order confirmation screen it always changed it to the "Global Express Guaranteed" option which costs like $30.45!!

I tried this a couple of times but still the same. Let me know if you guys have any luck

4. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

Mine finally came with the brown leather look and it's awesome. The quality was better than expected. And much better than Skin-It on the tx1000.

5. lowlife

lowlife Addicted to gadgets

With this Leather cover on are you guys not using a sleeve anymore or a case? I was thinking that with this cover I can just stick the TX2500 into my regular bag now.

6. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

I still use a sleeve because it'll still protect the whole notebook from scratches. The skin is only applied to the lid.

7. billycat

billycat Pen Pal - Newbie

I just use my targus radius vertical messenger bag instead of a sleeve. The bag itself actually fits into a 15.4" laptop slot in other bags. (I have another Targus backpack and an old dell XPS bag.) Unfortunately, tx2500 won't fit in the targus bag with the sleeve on. :( Just use the targus bag as a day bag (carrying the tablet, extra batteries, and couple of other small things.).

So no sleeves and so far so good with this skin.

8. lowlife

lowlife Addicted to gadgets

Just ordered the brown from www.sgpstore.com. I will let you guys know how quickly it arrives.

9. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

I highly recommend against the wood grains.
    They may at first seem pleasant but in person are terribly tacky.
    Brown Leather is pro.

I would however suggest, provided it forms properly, a keyboard skin.
    I kept one on my powerbook for years and they really keep the filth out from your keybed.
    I'll report back on fit once I've received mine.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. ismoker

ismoker Pen Pal - Newbie

o you purchased from the site! Did you get the item yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.