Forums/ads crashing my browsers

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by steven, Jun 9, 2017.

1. steven

steven Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey,

Since i've been coming here more recently again i've noticed that whenever i have the forums open for a longer time at some point my browsers crash. Any thread/window i open never completely loads, there's aways some connection the browser is trying to establish and it's always advertising related. Many ads at some point then start to display a 502 error message.
    With firefox it takes only about 8min before firefox crashes (unresponsive, browser restart). Chrome and Opera take much longer until they crash, but after a couple of minutes everything becomes really sluggish. I can't type without delays and i can't scroll without stuttering. All the while CPU usage for the browsers is around 1%.
    This is getting so annoying that i have to consider using an ad-blocker unless there's anything else i can do about it on my end? If anybody has any recommendations please let me know.

Cheers,
    Steven

Starlight5, southdunes and WillAdams like this.
  2. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

This is a real issue, impacting the site's performance on Chrome. At a minimum, performance is becoming sluggish. Any mods out there that can assist or please acknowledge? The page is relentlessly updating as I type this, cursor lag is annoying at best.

Echoing Steven's request for assistance from others. If anyone has recommendations to mitigate the resource drain, would be greatly appreciated.

steven likes this.
  3. Maki81

Maki81 Pen Pal - Newbie

Folks, your ads are out of control. Firefox stalls constantly when new ads load and it pretty much never stops contacting an ad server somewhere. Even the simple act of typing this reply is broken up every 5 seconds with a pause for a new ad to load.

southdunes likes this.
  4. jbaks

jbaks Pen Pal - Newbie

add me to the list, iv never used a website that crashes my browsers cept this site. i just use addguard for chrome though.

southdunes likes this.
  5. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

I am using Firefox and on the site daily with no problems, but I and running Adblock Plus. On my iPhone, however, there is some ad that pops up and prevents me from even getting to the site.