Forum tips - After the update

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by JoeS, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Since the 'how to' thread is locked, I thought it might be good to have a place to share tips and tricks on forum use. I'll start:

Tip 1: you can bookmark this 'new posts' page, which is a search for new posts that doesn't expire.

Tip 2: the new forum allows linking to non-existing page numbers, which allows you to create a bookmark that will always give you the most recent posts. You do this by appending 'page-999' to the thread link. Example: pointing to page 999 of the win8 tablets thread brings you to the last page of that thread.

2. JoeS

Tip 3: if you're a Chrome user you can install the extension Adblock, and block individual avatars that bug you. With adblock installed, just right-click on the avatar, select adbock > block this ad. The default options are all you need. Problem solved!

enoughwiththeorange.jpg

brubenstein22 likes this.
  3. JoeS

Not sure if this is new, but it looks like we can now edit the thread title as well (just to the top right of the first post, under 'thread tools').

4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

One neat thing I noticed is you can now copy and paste images into a message using the clipboard. No need to upload.

JoeS likes this.
  5. JoeS

That's great! The upload process is already faster than it was, but being able to paste from the clipboard is going to make a huge difference for me. Maybe the mods should send out an email with this hot tip, because it's not something I would have thought to try.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  6. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Yep XenForo allows for that.... I'm part of another community and the migrated a few months ago so I just adopted doing it here with out thinking about it...