Forum Login

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by ShadowBlaze, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowBlaze

ShadowBlaze Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been having trouble logging into the forum lately. This has been going on for a little less than a month, which is the reason why I haven't posted much lately. I would try logging in with the correct username and password, and it would say thank you for logging in shadowblaze, but it fails to actually log me in. It has worked under one occasion when I attempted to change my password out of frustration. It logged me in, but once I exited Internet Explorer and returned, the same problem remained. I don't even know how I was able to log in this time. I'm using Internet Explorer 7 RC1 if that is a problem.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Try deleting your cookies and then logging back in.

3. ShadowBlaze

I've tried that before, and didn't work. But it seems that I'm able to log in fine now. Two out of two attempts did work. I'm not sure if it'll mess up again in the future, but for now it's fine.

4. P8RSON

Okay, if it comes back please let Barry know.

5. ShadowBlaze

Will do P8RSON. But as a side note, the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site leads to a contact form that does not work. I tried to submit the problem I was having, but it simply returned an e-mail with delivery error; the e-mail isprobably outdated.

6. P8RSON

ShadowBlaze,
    I have just sent out a Test Message using the Contact Report Form.

I concur with you that the message is returned with an e-mail delivery failure notice.
    Hopefully Barry will see this later today.

If however he does not, I'll let him know.

Many thanks.

7. Andrew

Andrew Just a Guy Staff Member

Well the contact us form is fixed now, sorry about that problem, no good for reporting a problem if there's a problem with the report a problem (what a mouthful).

In regards to the logging in issue, I'm fairly sure it's because of the fact we changed domains from tabletpcreviewspot.com to tabletpcreview.com and cookies don't work between domains, so make sure you're at http://forum.tabletpcreview.com and you can delete any cookies you have tied to this forum by going to http://forum.tabletpcreviewspot.com/myCookies.php and http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/myCookies.php check all, delete the cookies, and then login again.

If that doesn't help or you have problems in the future, post back here.

8. ShadowBlaze

I haven't had any problems in the past few days logging in or out. So I'm a happy forum user. Thanks for the responses.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.