Forum for the new Insignia Windows Tablets from Best Buy

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by rockhunter, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Mark Fisher

Mark Fisher Pen Pal - Newbie

After three whole days of ownership, the Insignia is doing everything I had hoped for. Audio (sent from headphone out to a power speaker) is excellent, unlike other poster's experience. Surprised that there is no GPS, but for this application, that's not a deal-breaker. It successfully handles BBC's "iPlayer" audio material. With Win8.1 instead of Android, all my home network is addressable, giving me an attached terabyte of storage.

Haven't yet tried installing Chrome and Chromecast to use as a TV director.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  2. ussmillerco

ussmillerco Pen Pal - Newbie

Know it's an old thread , but, Is this tablet qualified for the windows 10 upgrade, and are there problems associated with doing so?. Can these boot other, operating system through usb otg cable, ie linux distributions?.

3. rockhunter

rockhunter Pen Pal - Newbie

I have installed the Windows 10 upgrade on 6 UB-15MS10SA without any problems.

4. ussmillerco

ussmillerco Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah as I have on the 10.1 unbranded, but wondering if that is also true of the insignia 8 inch windows tablet also discussed on this thread.

5. Mark Fisher

Mark Fisher Pen Pal - Newbie

Win 10 went in fine here. I'm on tablet #2: first on had "ghost" touch screen spot continually firing. This one has battery discharge issues: life off the charger is in minutes (really!). (Also a visual spot in the center of the display, looking like two layers of a plastic bag stuck together - not in itself a deal breaker.)

6. martin flores

martin flores Pen Pal - Newbie

iam trying to know how to refix my tablet, any body know how to reinstall a clean windows on this? please help me adelitoflores32@yahoo.com, thanks