Forum for the new Insignia Windows Tablets from Best Buy

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by rockhunter, Nov 8, 2014.

1. MP2100

MP2100 Pen Pal - Newbie

The external display works fine for me. I ran this tablet at 1920x1080. The default when you first connect is 1280x800, because that's the resolution of the tablet.

To do 1920x1080, go to the "charms" bar, and choose "Project". I assume that is short-hand for projector.

If the HDMI is connected, it then give you 4 choices, duplicate (default), extend, PC only, second screen only. Second screen only runs at 1080p

2. MP2100

MP2100 Pen Pal - Newbie

It's Windows 8.1 so you get the normal choice of Modern UI or desktop. With an 8 inch screen, the Modern UI works much better than desktop. Those desktop windows buttons are too small, hard to tap.

3. MP2100

MP2100 Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you tell me the steps you used to get USB OTG? I plugged in a USB keyboard and got no response. I plugged in a USB flash drive and Windows did not see it.

I tried these both by putting in a micro USB to full size USB cable (USB type A), then a double sided female/female USB adapter, then then keyboard.

4. rockhunter

rockhunter Pen Pal - Newbie

The question was for more information to the person having problem with noisy audio output on the headphone Jack on multiple NS-15MS08 tablets I am not seeing anything like they described on the tablet I have.

You can go a long way toward taming Apps and small buttons in Desktop mode by adding TouchMousePointer which gives you a virtual touchpad on the desktop it is a free app at the authors Website or at CNET and other places. A donation to the author gets an unlock code that turns on the capability to make the Desktop keyboard transparent, which makes desktop mode really usable.

5. rockhunter

Moderators Can we move this and other related threads to an Insignia category in "Other Brands"

6. topcity

topcity Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased mine last night and found the same issue with the noisy sound from headphones. Netflix is impossible to hear the dialogue over the noise. I tried it with a bluetooth headset and they sound great.

7. rockhunter

When I first tried my headphones in my tablet it took an lot of force to get the jack to go in the last 1/8 of an inch after the first time it went in more normally any chance the jack is not fully seating?

8. wildpig1234

wildpig1234 Scribbler - Standard Member

mine does ok w audio. slight bkground hiss but nothing real noticeable . no volume change w turning the plug. just return and exchange for another one

9. wildpig1234

10. wildpig1234

it does take some force to get the last 1/8 inch in for headphone. I turn off the sound to keyboard typing. it does hv that bkgrd hiss if y type w keyboard sound or use an app that plays sound