forum cutoff and width is super wide

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by sleepno, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleepno

sleepno Pen Pal - Newbie

something is up with the forum. i tried it in several browsers and they all looked cut off. i would see only the top 5 or so posts. the other half is cut off with a light red bar. :mad:

the width of the screen is huge. it takes me 5 or so seconds to scroll from left all the way to the right side. :eek:

you guys getting hacked by the chinese or something? :cool:

2. sleepno

sleepno Pen Pal - Newbie

it's been 3 days and still the problems persist. i wonder if all the admins are asleep? what's strange is the 'forum.notebookreview.com' doesn't have these problems.

3. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I also experienced such an issue in the past, however, at the moment everything works fine again.
    Maybe you can try a different browser or clear the browser cache.

4. sleepno

sleepno Pen Pal - Newbie

sorry, frank. i've tried every browser under the sun (ie9, opera, iron, firefox, etc). i've also tried on several different computers. they all show the forum cutoff and super wide width. there is something internal to this forum that's causing it.

every other forums i visit display correctly even like i mentioned before the 'forum.notebookreview.com.' it's just this blasted tabletpcreview forum that's messed up. :confused:

5. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I forwarded it to an Admin, maybe he knows more.

I currently use Opera, and I experience the super wide thing, so there's a huge horizontal scrollbar, however, the width of the content fits in the browser window.

6. Jamison Cush

Jamison Cush TechnologyGuide Editor Staff Member

Hi Everyone,

I've alerted the dev team about the issue and will update once I know more.

Thanks!

Jamison

7. Jamison Cush

Jamison Cush TechnologyGuide Editor Staff Member

... the dev team just responded that they noticed the issue earlier today and are working with IT ops on correcting it.

8. sleepno

sleepno Pen Pal - Newbie

any update on this? i don't experience the super wide-ness any more but the forum is still cutoff for me. :confused:

it was really difficult for me to even manage to post this reply. i had to jump through several hoops to be able to get here due to the forum being cut off so badly that i can't see any posts. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.