For movies at the gym?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Richard Davis, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Davis

Richard Davis Pen Pal - Newbie

General Questions.

1. What is your budget?
    $200

2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
    yes

3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?
    as opposed to what?

4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?

5 to7-inches
    7.1 to 10-inches
    10 to 13-inches
    Above 13-inches

Need help with that.

5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]?
    US

6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
    No

7. How many hours battery life do you require?

8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)
    For use at the gym:
    stream movies
    listen to music
    bluetooth headphones
    log workout (would like to write in a spreadsheet or something)
    protective case for shock if dropped
    protective screen if water drips on front
    glare protector for overhead lights

9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently?
    no

10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)
    Netflix
    Amazon prime
    pandora
    Excel or equivalent OR a gym logging app

11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
    words with friends

12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system?
    yes but not a requirement

Screen Specifics

1. Any preference on screen resolution?
    very high

2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun?
    yes outdoors, near windows, under glaring lights

3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom or N-trig?
    dunno.
    I think I need a pen to write, but maybe a gym app would let me swipe checkmarks.

Component Specifics

1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?
    Enoug for a couple of movies I think?

2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs?
    I don't know

Misc
    1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?

2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?

Most is in item 8, to clarify, I wear a bandana with ice in it around my forehead. It tends to drip all over my gym log. Very annoying. If I drip onto the tablet I'd like it to be impervious to that kind of thing. It won't be dunked or anything like that.
    It'll be on the recumbant bike. Would LOVE to have an articulated arm or something to watch while I'm lying on my back stretching. Someone invent that !!

2. jb82

jb82 Scribbler - Standard Member

Waterproof tablets in your price range are limited. May be a Sony Z off ebay or a Sony Z ultra if you want something smaller.

Could also buy a waterproof, shockproof case and that would open you up to pretty much any tablet. Probably most android tablets like the kindle fire have suitable cases that will suit your needs. There is probably an articulated arm accessory out there if you swing for an ipad.

3. Richard Davis

Richard Davis Pen Pal - Newbie

Decided waterproof was too high a bar. Considering 2014 Kindle Fire HD 7 with good case and glare screen. The articulated arm thing is out there but a little unwieldy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.