FlipSteady case for Ativ and series 7

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Routb3d, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Routb3d

Routb3d Scribbler - Standard Member

This is Such a Great review! A very deep thank you to you Sir. For an inventor and artist It can be hard to keep trying when it seems that all of your hard work is simply absorbed and in danger of becoming completely invisible. Your review literally launched me from my grief this morning which I needed very much. I have a lot of work to do on my next design and you put me in motion. I appreciate you for writing your review in both languages. Your French review will be well received I'm sure.

Thank you..

Isaiah Coberly

2. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been using the Flipsteady for a month now; still happy with my purchase. The ultrasuede has remained remarkably clean and scratch-free and it feels great. The case has protected my tablet from a few light falls onto carpet - I can add that the screen protector/flippy side doesn't unravel mid-fall.

Having a kickstand that works both on a flat plane and on a curve is a nice novelty I've found in it, which Isaiah indeed previewed in at least one of his videos - I can prop it up on my leg without external support while I browse the internet and whatnot from a reclined position. Very relaxing. Cheers again, Isaiah.

- Jamie

[​IMG]

3. clovismod

clovismod Pen Pal - Newbie

I've just discovered today how much taking shots with the rear camera is easy with the handstrap :). As I'm using it a lot to do ocr with omnipage, it' s a real bonus I don't even expected. Your cover is just a groundbreaking feature. I guess many are just looking at the high price without taking into account it adds to the overall tablet experience, when others cases are mainly for protection, look and standing the tablet ina very few more positions. A few more videos showing the flipsteady in real work and leisure activities could maybe pin this difference.

BTW, never expect more than one positive comment from 100 satisfied consumers. When a product have just a few positive reviews, I' m inclined to believe it to be a better product than those more reviewed but with more mitigated comments.

4. fella1

fella1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the tip on using the handstrap for taking pictures. I hadn't thought of that. Should be great for making it easier to change camera settings. I'm an architect and use my tablet to do building inspection field reports so this tip will make it much easier. Loving my flip steady!

5. clovismod

I've just taken a five minutes movie of my daughter playing in the garden, with the ATIV and the Flipsbeady. Of course, the size and weight of the tablet makes it less convenient than with my Galaxy Note 2. However, I'm much less tired than holding the tablet by the nides, I recorded only by using my left hand and I was able to follow my daughter's moves without trouble. Stabilization is easier.

BTW, Photoshop Express is available on the Windows store, you can take shots with, and image quality seems tome a bit improved over Scamera.

6. Routb3d

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I have been trying to capture the essence of the FlipSteady in video, text and photo for 2 years now. What can I say, the FlipSteady is more magnificent than can be completely captured. Someone has to experience the FlipSteady to really know that.

That said, what if I held a small competition for Current FlipSteady owners? How might real FlipSteady users capture video of her essence and show what she really does? Perhaps the reward could be a meticulously hand sewn, 1 of a kind real leather FlipSteady valued at $500 or so. Would anyone be interested in participating in this? There are about 60 FlipSteady cases for the 700t living in the world. I would need about 15 people interested in participating in order to go forward.

Thanks,

Isaiah Coberly

7. Jamie-B

I lack acceptable audio-visual equipment and a variety of other things, so I can't put my name forward to make a highlights video. For those interested, this is what the limited edition brown leather iPad Flipsteady looked like:

[​IMG]

It is a much older design than the 700t's, of course, and Isaiah may have a different kind of leather in mind.

8. clovismod

I fear I will miss time to do such a competition.

At least, I will post yet my new thoughts about the Flipsteady. I've done tonight something I wanted to do since the very old Radius Pivot monitors 20 years ago: having a rotating screen for typing in Word in Portrait mod and working with OneNote in landscape. I'm using my old asus Bluetooth keyboard I got with the EP121, much lighter than the ATIV dock, and a Bluetooth mouse, outperforming the ATIV trackpad.

Swithching from portrait to lanscape is easy. What's more is the ability of the Flipsteady to allow very different angles in portait and landscape orientation.

So I don't need anymore the ATIV keyboard, the weakesst point IMO of the Ativ 700, and I've fulfilled my very olddream of a rotating monitor. Nice, very nice.

9. Routb3d

Okay, so maybe the competition idea was not such a great idea. I need to find a way to get other people talking about this besides me. Do I need to pay somebody to do a full on review or what?

Thanks,

Isaiah Coberly

10. Jamie-B