FlipSteady case for Ativ and series 7

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Routb3d, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Routb3d

Routb3d Scribbler - Standard Member

Tip for FlipSteady owners. Use your Ativ as a microscope with the FlipSteady case. This would also work in your lap while you stitch or carve or whatever. ativ microsxope.jpg

Thanks,

IC

2. Routb3d

There are only 7 FlipSteady cases for the Samsung ATIV700T left in the April Production. Get them while they are hot! They will ship before the end of April no fail.

FlipSteady for Samsung Ativ 700T - PreOrder for April Production [FlipSteady for Samsung Ativ 700T] - $129.00 : FlipSteady, , Origami Inspired Tablet Stand

The FlipSteady is a designer case that is hand made by myself, Isaiah Coberly. The FlipSteady for the Samsung Ativ 700t is the latest incarnation of my patent pending invention as well as the first case I have designed that I'm willing to call a Masterpiece. I am completely confident in stating that any other case will completely pale in comparison.

The next production ships by the end of May.

Thanks,

Isaiah Coberly

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  3. MadSquabbles

MadSquabbles Pen Pal - Newbie

that little hand strap thing is perfect to attaching a portable drive to!

4. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

[​IMG]
    The lighting is useless at this time of night, but my 700t here is being supported by a Flipsteady.​

Heya Isaiah, I'll give a quick review here :). I received your Flipsteady for the 700t in England on the 18th April, one week after you posted it from America. For your research, here are the charges it went through:

- The case cost $99, postage and packaging added $20 on top. This came out as $119 -> £80.51
    - It got stopped at customs; I paid no import or excise duty, but I had to pay £17.04 in VAT and £8.00 in handling charges to release it. For some reason, the package was labelled as being worth $129 rather than $119, so maybe the VAT was a little higher than necessary.
    - Total expenditure came to £105.55 ($160.77)
    - Was it worth it? Certainly :D

I'll give you the good and bad points so you can assess future designs.

Good:
    + Feels lovely, looks great. Is astonishingly light. You chose the right materials for it.
    + Can fold to provide nice, high angles. My neck gets very sore when craning over a screen low to the table, so I can't overstate how much I value this. You're not investing in just a cover here, it's a health benefit that pays itself.
    + The vents and ports are left very clear; I can get a fat USB stick in without bumping in to the case. Excellent job.
    + The speakers are clear enough to work just fine (not that they're good speakers to begin with).
    + It's sturdy enough to do art on!

Just one issue:
    - On this unit, I can't push a stylus (1/16" diameter, very standard) all the way through the pen holding loop; I can lodge the stylus tip into the cutaway hole under the loop and leave it clasped to the case at a slight angle, but I absolutely can't feed it through fully. In fact, passing a 1/32" pen through is a challenge as it is. The handhold at least fills in the functionality somewhat, so it's not the end of the world.

I maintain that this is the best case for the 700t and is the best tablet case I've ever come across. It makes for a very good portable easel.

5. Routb3d

Jamie-B

Thanks for the review! I'm glad that you like the case. I'm taking note about your issue with the pen holder.

Don't be afraid to stretch it out a bit. I have the giant axiotron Studio pen and I'm only able to get the tip of the pen secure in the holder. I assumed that most people wouldn't use such a fat pen (especially since my particular pen is bound for extinction ) so I made the holder a tight fit. . The pen holder is the kind of thing that needs to be broken in a bit. I figured I would error on the tighter side to accommodate the slimmer pens as well. This case actually gets better with age.

Thanks for the fantastic review, and NICE sketch by the way! Good to see artists putting the FlipSteady to use.

Isaiah

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  6. stepchin

stepchin Pen Pal - Newbie

image.jpg
    I haven't receive my Flipsteady :(
    Has anyone in Singapore received it?

7. Routb3d

I have 1 confirmed already arrived in Singapore.. I hope you get it soon! Please let me know..

Thanks,

IC

8. stepchin

stepchin Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I just got it today.
    wonderfully made!

I attached a portable charger at the hand strap.
    And I removed the bottom edge as I will often dock and undock my tablet.

Thanks, Isaiah, for the many months and weeks sacrificed into making this!!

flipsteady.jpg

9. leihuwan

leihuwan Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wanted to say hello to this wonderful forum/thread. I've been very much intrigued by your FlipSteady Case. I wanted you to know, that I have just placed my order on your website, to be shipped here in the Philippines. Woohoo, 4 FlipSteady Cases left for April Production :D

10. Routb3d

Hi!! Welcome and thanks for snapping up a FlipSteady. Also, thanks for speaking up in thread. I look forward to hearing what you think about your FlipSteady when you receive it!! Stay tuned here. The production of your case is underway and Ill be giving some production updates for the April orders soon.

Thanks,

Isaiah Coberly