FlipSteady case for Ativ and series 7

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Routb3d, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Routb3d

Routb3d Scribbler - Standard Member

Yea, I couldn't have blocked that camera any better.. Lol.. I hate to say it but to make this right for the 500 T would require a whole new set up of tooling. It's nice to know that the case can be used on a 500t in a pinch.

Nice pics btw.

Thanks,

Isaiah

2. MadSquabbles

MadSquabbles Pen Pal - Newbie

i Was actually going to report the same thing. I tried it on my 500t first and it fit perfectly. other than the camera, which I never use, this works great on the 500 t.

3. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

4. MadSquabbles

dunno if you're being serious or not, but the 500t has no vents.

5. Routb3d

Hi FlipSteady fans!

I wanted to update you with some interesting news.

1. I called the casting agent for ABC's SharkTank and declined to go on the show. Why? I don't like the show. Back to the long hard road for me.

2. It looks like I may be starting another project with Lenovo ThinkPad Helix users. I started a thread yesterday here and Have found a few excited and dedicated believers to do again what we did here.

Please feel free to post any and all thoughts and opinions on your experience with this project in the Helix thread. They are all about to enter the free reservation phase.

3.Samsung USA contacted me yesterday and said that they saw my video of the FlipSteady for the 700t and were going to be tweeting and posting about me at some point today.

That said, Samsung has many listening ears in its social outlets and I wanted to be prepared so I made x30 700t cases available for May delivery and left the price at 129.00. The remainder of April cases and all May cases could fill up today if the buzz is right, people see the video and want the case. Fingers crossed.

I'm such a lucky guy!! :)

That's the news..

Tip: You can hang your FlipSteady from the opening in the cover.. Try it!! :)

Thanks,

Isaiah Coberly

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. dluusional

dluusional Pen Pal - Newbie

does anyone know if the dimensions for the Ativ tablets and the s7s the same?

found the dimensions :

700T - 11.6W x 7.2H x 0.5D
    S7S - 11.66W x 7.24H x 0.51D

slate slightly bigger, not sure if this would work on the flipcase or not.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  7. Routb3d

Wouldn't that be awesome if it works right out of the box? If no one answers this I will.

Isaiah

8. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

Ow, that would have made for a good joke, but I had in fact forgotten that it has no vents.

Nice to see you sticking to your guns. If the show doesn't vibe for you, it's good to see you maintain your principles rather than dilute the image of your product.

The Helix is a good parallel target market if you made a success in the 700t realm; I had it drafted as an alternative for the 700t when I was making my purchase, but it never released in time. It appeals to artists as a large screen, fast, high res, ultra-portable sketching canvas. In particular, the 16:9 aspect ratio is unique for its 11.6" and 1080p specs. Naturally, there will be non-artists purchasing it, but we're the guys who really need to flexibility in angle and height adjustment.

Samsung contacted you?! I'm so proud, haha. Awesome that they caught wind of this, I hope it helps your ventures expand; I'd love to see what you could do with more funding. Are there any (non-secret) things you really want to do that you simply lack the resources for currently?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. Routb3d

10. MadSquabbles

well, if just a fraction of the followers respond to it i hope you've got time to make 'em all!