FlipSteady case, cover and stand for the ThinkPad Helix

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Routb3d, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djenkins6

djenkins6 Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks great, just placed my order.

2. Kabouik

Kabouik Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually I was more worrying about laptop mode, as the cover angles don't take advantage of the key depth, and we cannot really see in the video how well it closes in laptop mode (I suppose it won't close as well as in Tablet+ mode and I'm cool with it, but I'd just like to see if the hinge would suffer if the Helix is closed and has some pressure on it during long transport).

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  3. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

4. Routb3d

Routb3d Scribbler - Standard Member

Will someone do me a favor and post a link to my case in the Lenovo community forums? It amazes me that people can throw around links to amazon products and products that barely fit he helix yet the moderators delete my post if I say anything about the FlipSteady that is specifically made for the Helix. I understand about people not wanting to let the forum turn to spam but this is different. I work closely with a community, respect a community and help. That said, Other Helix users at the Lenovo community should be aware that there is a really good option for them. Here is the link to an appropriate thread. Ill join in once the discussion is rolling. I'm just not aloud to start it.

Helix protective case options - Page 3 - Lenovo Community

Here is the link to the video and product page. Use this to show the flipsteady. You can also grab the youtube video and embed it or link it anywhere you would like.

FlipSteady for Lenovo Thinkpad Helix [FS Helix] - $149.99 : FlipSteady, , Origami Inspired Tablet Stand

Thanks for the help people.

Isaiah Coberly

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  5. Routb3d

It would be really challenging to make them by hand for less.. To be honest, I sacrifice a lot to keep doing this. I know that my price isn't normal looking relative to products we buy at the store. When you really think about it though, is it my price that is out of line? You can watch a video of my production process at the beginning of he thread.

I'm really happy to be able to make these cases for people. I'm really happy that people like them. I feel very fortunate almost every day.

IC

6. Gophynna

Gophynna Pen Pal - Newbie

I feel that your price is completely reasonable. This is not a typical case that you can find on amazon. It has a most unique design and can adjust itself to any surface that the Helix is used on (a knee, a table, etc). The amount of flexibility this case is providing is well worth the cost and it is handmade! Not to mention the attention to detail that went into making sure the case can work with the keyboard dock. Some people go any buy several $20 cases for their tablets because none of them are meeting their needs. For the cost of the FlipSteady, I am finding it meets all my needs because I use my Helix for drawing, writing, typing up documents, programming and so on. It handles all those situations! If and when I move on to my next tablet, I will be hoping a FlipSteady is there for it, too. No other case does what this one does. :)

7. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I also feel that the pricing is alright, it's not cheap sure, but in a sense you get what you pay for. In the end I went for a TPT2 instead of an Ativ 700 or Helix and if there had been a flipsteady case for it, I would be using it right now, in terms of features it ranks over everything else I've seen so far.

8. Routb3d

It's been a great week! Almost 50 FlipSteady for Helix cases sold.. I'm allowing up to 150 Helix cases to be made this August. Make sure to watch the demo video on the FlipSteady product page. Use the coupon code : TPCR
    That code is a $ discount for members of this awesome community that missed pre registration. Its good through this Sunday and secures you a case for Delivery in August.

FlipSteady for Lenovo Thinkpad Helix [FS Helix] - $149.99 : FlipSteady, , Origami Inspired Tablet Stand

Thank you,

Isaiah Coberly

9. Kabouik

Kabouik Scribbler - Standard Member

Isaiah, could you tell me more on the laptop mode as I asked in a previous post? You answered for the Tablet+ mode, but as I said, I was mostly worried about laptop mode.

I'm upset I already missed the first and the second coupon codes despite the fact that I was your very first pre-orderer, and was still around there when real orders become possible. However, I did not want to order without that clarification on the laptop mode when packed in a bag fully stuffed (pressure), as it will be frequent in my case and I don't want it to damage the hinge with a lever effect. Already thrown money away by missing these coupons, it's realy frustrating. :(

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  10. Routb3d

Sorry for the late reply!

I don't think you will want to stuff the Helix in a bag in Laptop mode with a FlipSteady attached. It may work but I'm not go in to recommend it. You will, however, feel very good about stuffing the Helix in a case while it is closed and in tablet plus mode. Tablet plus mode was the only design opportunity for a case closed situation and I took it..

Also, I sent you a code for your pre-registration.. That code is good until early August.. At that point I will release all of the pre-registered cases and shuffle 2nd and 3rd productions forward. More orders are coming in every day and every case unclaimed needs a home..

We are looking at producing well over 1000 cases this August and September. Its amazing that we started with just 30 interested people.

I have had quite a turnout! Thank you all. I'm sure the FlipSteady for Helix case will exceed your expectations.

Thanks,

Isaiah Coberly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.