Flicker-free tablets

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jamon, Oct 22, 2014.

1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's one of those things where "nobody knows for sure exactly". -There has been research done here and there which indicates a variety of impacts, none of it good, but there's no official stance on it in terms of public health.

Some people have more robust bodies and brains than others, and so can shrug off toxins more easily. I'm fortunate to be one of those.

However, I tend to think that it's all cumulative, so I just make it a kind of hobby to make simple choices which reduce crap in my life which drains energy reserves. It makes a pretty huge difference in the long run.

In the case of electromagnetic fuzz of one kind or another, (I'd include screen flicker in that category), I do actually notice that I feel more brain-fogged and gross when I'm in a heavy load environment. -I also easily notice extra eye-stress when my screen is not set up with optimal settings. -Switching between a bright and high-blue screen and a dimmer red-shifted screen in the wee hours really has a palpable, immediate impact. Dropping into PWM is also something I *feel* like there's an increased stress with, but it might be a self-projected symptom at this point, so it's hard to tell. (There's no double blinds in my studio. :))

Headache sufferers indicate that there's obviously something going on, but you can probably ignore the whole thing with relative safety if you don't notice a negative impact. But if it's an easy shift to make, why not try and see if you feel better?

Starlight5 likes this.