Flashed new BIOS: F.25 Thank you HP!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by zirdaj, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zirdaj

zirdaj Pen Pal - Newbie

About a month ago, I returned my newly bought tx2-1011au because of some issues with the build quality and the functionality of it, specifically the wireless switch button not responding when I am on tablet mode. It took 3 weeks before my unit was replaced with a brand new one, same unit, less the build quality issue, but still with the wireless button problem. Part of the process of having my unit replaced, the retail store where I bought it asked me to write a demand letter to say that I am not after a repair, but for a replacement.

On one of my encounters with the head manager of the retail store where I bought my tablet, she mentioned that they (retail store and HP Philippines) weren't aware of the wireless button problem, in fact they had sold multiple tx2s already but none except me reported that problem. I was like hey, lots of people have this issue over the forums, yada yada.

To make the story short, I was offered a replacement, another tx2-1011au. I needed a tablet for my review class so I told myself, oh well, at least this one doesn't have the flimsy screen bezel that I had on my first, I guess I can live with the wireless button problem.

And then today, 2weeks after being contented with my replacement tx2, as I browse through another wonderful forums, I was informed that there is a new BIOS on the hp support page, and it solves the wireless button issue on tablet mode (and some other fix). I flashed it, rebooted, tested the wireless button, and YAY. The wireless button is fully functional even on tablet mode!!!

Now even though I know it is just coincidence that they send this bios fix like weeks after I sent them my letter and reported this wireless button issue, there is still a feeling of vindication that "hey, HP listened". :p

I've only had the F.25 BIOS for half a day now, so far so good, and I hope it stays that good.

I had jumping cursors in Windows vista, but it disappeared after upgrading to windows 7. Now, the new BIOS fixed my wireless button. I am a very happy camper, I must say. (if it isn't obvious enough:D)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46499.exe

(All credits to the person whom I got this information from)

2. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

I wonder if this affects battery life. I think that when on tablet mode, power to keyboard and mouse are cut. Maybe not now?

3. trihy

My theory was right:

F.25 drains more battery power than F.21

Just do the test...

Put the notebook on tablet mode, open the latch a little to reach the mouse area...

- On F.21, mouse and keyboard are turned off when notebook is on tablet mode.

- On F.25 mouse and keyboard still works under tablet mode.

4. zirdaj

zirdaj Pen Pal - Newbie

Interesting discovery, trihy. I hope the extra battery drain isn't that much. I wasn't able to measure exactly how long mine lasts with F.21.

5. trihy

I don´t think that battery drain will change dramatically... maybe less than 1-2%, maybe nothing, maybe 10% :eek:

No, really, I have no idea what differences can make powering off keyboard and mousepad. But at least we know that wireless switch power is the same that powers keyb and mouse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.