Flash Player Crashing IE9 on My Slate...

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by ghost74, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost74

ghost74 Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone else experiencing this? Flash works fine on my desktop but it's giving my Slate fits with certian videos.

For Example - the new Avengers movie trailer crashes everytime: The Avengers Theatrical Trailer - YouTube

I swear it worked fine before the latest flash update.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

My slate runs that video as smooth as silk. I'm not sure if I have the latest flash installed yet or not.

3. ghost74

It appears that thadwald's graphics driver doesnot play nice with Flash anymore. At least on my machine.

Reverting back to the original driver fixed the issue.

No more Angry Birds and the flickering is back. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

I'd like to try an older version of Flash but I'm having trouble finding one.

4. Bronsky

Just think how much more productive you'll be with no angry birds on the slate.;)

5. ghost74

For grits and shins I gave thadwald's tweaked graphics driver another shot.

Same result, flash kept crashing.:rolleyes:

Then I went back and reread thadwald's original posting and toward the bottom he mentioned issues with the Crystal HD crashing flash in IE9.

So in one last ditch effort I just re-installed the Crystal HD drivers and BINGO!:D Flash works! Angry Birds Works! No Annoying Flickering!

And the only downside I know about is the lack of 1024X768 support and I havn't tested the HDMI output yet.

Hey Rick what would it take to get one of your geeks...errrr...engineers to take a crack at an "unsupported" driver package? Maybe we could take a collection and send him a nice fruit basket or a case of his/her favorite microbrew.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Bronsky

I finally tried the modded driver. It is far better than the HD 500 driver. I think it is stable enough to push clocks a bit higher than I currently do. Unfortunately, your reloading solution didn't work for me.:(

I guess I'm doing something wrong. I get the flash crash you reported. I can't do without flash in IE9 so I rolled back to the original driver. Exactly what broadcomm drivers did you reload? Only the decoder or others and what sequence did you use?

And BTW I'm willing to sweeten the pot with a bottle of home-made limoncello for any HP engineer that wants to spend a few hours fiddling with this driver issue.:D

7. ghost74

I installed the graphics driver via the Update Driver option in the device manager. I then choose Repair when installing the Crystal HD driver.

8. 2jz gze

2jz gze Pen Pal - Newbie

First post! woohoo!

Just got my Slate and I love it!

Anyways, I too installed thadwald's driver and I can't play most flash videos while on Chrome...The video would seem like its loading then I would get an error window pop up.

"The instruction at 0x05c5725f referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read"

I tried doing ghost74's method of reinstalling the Crystal driver but to no avail...any ideas?

9. ghost74

You guys are making me paranoid that I just got lucky.

10. 2jz gze

2jz gze Pen Pal - Newbie

how about posting the exact procedure you did. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.