Flash 10.1 Beta Crashes Browser after Sleep/Hibernate

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by gomichaelkgo, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gomichaelkgo

gomichaelkgo Pen Pal - Newbie

All,

After installing flash 10.1 beta 2 on my TX2500z, i notice the following issues:

Video plays very smoothly (better than the public release of flash). However, if I sleep or hibernate the system, any attempt to play flash video in FF 3.6 or IE8 will just crash the browser, and it must be force quit with the task manager. Even after a browser restart, the browser will crash when attempting to play flash video. The only remedy is to restart the OS.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any workaround? I've submitted a bug report to Adobe about it. Hopefully they fix this...
    -Michael

2. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

EVERYTHING seemed more crashy to me with the newest ATI drivers (normal video card drivers not mobile) on firefox. The browser would randomly crash on me. My Nvidia desktop also crashed a couple of times which never happens. So I removed the beta and reinstalled good ole regular flash. No more crashes just like it should be. It's not like flash is choppy on a tx2500 anyway, just wait for the final this spring or sooner...

3. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

runs fine here... but then again I never really put my tx to sleep...

4. colmiak

colmiak Pen Pal - Newbie

i think i know what the problem is, at least on my system.

when i was running ATI's latest drivers, i was having the same issue with flash beta 2. i didnt really care enough to investigate much further so i went back to flash 10.

recently though, ive been having problems with windows media player. for example i think if i put my computer to sleep or used it for a while..im really not sure what the issue was but windows media player would crash when i would open a video and then proceed to crash my computer.

so i decided to completely delete the newest ati drivers and go back to HP's officially supported latest drivers for win 7 x64. i've had no crashing issues with video files anymore and flash beta 2 no longer crashes my browser/computer after resuming from sleep/hibernate ;)

im guessing HP's drivers are more optimized for this particular laptop. who would of thought lol.

p.s.
    if you do decide to this though, make sure you go into c:/ati/support and delete any folders in there as they will contain the latest video driver and any version of catalyst installer (including the one on hp's site) will just pick the newest drivers available in those folders. i had a little trouble figuring that out as everytime i would try to downgrade it would still be the same version of the driver. the video driver version that hp provides should be 8.632.0.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.