Fixes to some of my Windows 10 grievances

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lblb, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Point 3 was my main issue since win 8. And now it is solved. Microsoft can offer us an easier way to do it. But changing this registry and killing the keyboard process is enough to have a smaller or a bigger tabtip.
    Here is my parameter for my 8" tablet (AVN8) :
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Scaling]
    "MonitorSize"="16"
    upload_2016-2-23_8-54-52.png

Attached Files:

2. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@thierryb
    Cool! I'm glad you were able to solve this issue!

3. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks--and that just killed an hour of my time, getting up-to-date with TouchMousePointer since the end of last year. ;)

Agreed that the instructions for its set-up are bare and can be confusing at times, to say the least. I ascribe that to language issues as much as anything else. But it can be gotten through, especially with some experimentation.

I've been happy with TouchMousePointer and really don't have need for the other Tablet Pro components, and so likely will stick with its final version, rather than migrating to Tablet Pro and inviting possible issues. At least until curiosity gets the better of me. ;)

By the way, I've had no issue in using the keyboard transparency feature--works just great for me. :)

4. wzfinte

wzfinte Pen Pal - Newbie

For those of you who have installed the wonderful Windows 10 Tech Preview, please post your issues and problems here so that everyone who is reluctant to update can see the risks and decide whether to install or not. Thanks. :)

5. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Is there a way to add a clock to the Action Center? I find it pesky to have to exit apps out of fullscreen every time to see the clock in the lower righthand corner, in the system tray. I would much rather like to be able to swipe from right to see the date and time like in Windows 8.

thierryb likes this.
  6. lblb

@sonichedgehog360
    Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to add a clock to the Action Center. As a workaround, if you use a gesture program such as TouchMe Gesture Studio or Tablet Pro, you could potentially set a gesture to show a clock. Let me know if you're interested in exploring this.

7. wzfinte

wzfinte Pen Pal - Newbie

8. lblb

Tiny update!

Added point 7 to grievance #5: finally found how to have "Never combine, hide labels" for the taskbar icons (i.e., eliminate the text of taskbar icons and save a lot of precious space, but don't combine like icons!)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  9. lblb

Update!

Added grievance #7 to the original post. Finally found how to adjust the width of the taskbar when it's on the right or left sides of the screen! Finally have a thin vertical taskbar!

10. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I can't seem to get this to do anything. Followed the instructions, but even after rebooting, the vertical task bar stubbornly refuses to shrink any further than "Not Enough".

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.