First Windows 2004 Installation

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Steve S, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

So, weirdly, the very first platform in the house to successfully install Version 2004 is my desktop Aurora R8...?!?? Despite being fully updated with Tuesday's patches and updates, none of Surface platforms will install 2004, although the Pro X keeps teasing that it is ready!

Anyway, 2004 seems to be working OK, and I am really liking the new colored cursor feature. There seems to be an Intel Optane driver issue, but it doesn't seem to affect operation; I'll look into that later today...

2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

2004 crashed on my machine after the first reboot while updating the WiFi drivers. No crashes since. Bluetooth is broken but apparently that's a known issue. There are nice little changes, particularly to the Settings app, but nothing major that can't wait for Microsoft to iron out the kinks.

3. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Been on 2004 for a month or so now despite getting of the developers preview. So far no issues & it seems to solved my number row issue too.

4. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Well, at least it's not a function that hardly anyone uses for anything remotely important ;)

JoeS likes this.
  5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Lots of crashes since the June update. Seems like a recurring problem with Qualcomm Atheros wireless, whenever Windows 10 gets a major update, the WiFi breaks, crashes, disconnects, bluescreens. Gonna hose my system and downgrade to 1909.