First Take on the ST5010D

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by pacrecon, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

PC Mag has posted a first take on the latest Tablet PC from Fujitsu:

Handwriting recognition is as good as you can get with a Tablet PC, and Fujitsu includes Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 to get you going. In case you'd like a keyboard, Fujitsu has a sleek wireless one for $99. A $449 Tablet Dock with a DVD/CD-RW drive can make the overall package more like a full system. And the slate itself already has some useful I/O, including Memory Stick and SD slots, as well as FireWire and USB 2.0 ports.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1537019,00.asp?kc=PCRSS02129TX1K0000530

I played with this model at the CES this year and even though they knock it a bit, it's still my favorite slate model on the market. Their design is top notch and attention to detail is evident.

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief
    www.bargainPDA.com www.SPOTstop.com

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  2. pacrecon

pacrecon Pen Pal - Newbie

Im intrested in a tablet to run invoices and a spread sheet for my auto detail buss for out door use will the st5010 with the new in/out display be a good choice Has anyone tried on a sunny day
    Thanks Guy

3. Brian

You're right in that this unit could be a good choice. As for the display I've not used it in the Fujitsu shell, but I have seen the same display in use before and it's pretty solid. Nothing looks as good outside as it does in, but this display is on the top tier for usability in the sun.

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief

4. pacrecon

Well I made the order for the 5011d with in/out display I let you know how it works for me The unit is 2x more than I started to buy so my next ? what are your thoughts on extended warr. and accident warr Thanks Guy

5. Brian

Depending on where you bought it, extended warranties are worthwhile. Although, Fujitsu offers free tech support for as long as you own the unit. You might just want to protect against defects, where the basic warranty stops after 1 year. As for accidental, I'm not a big fan of those policies unless you are accident prone. I've never dropped my notebook...but a Tablet is used a little more actively. I think it's a personal call...I'd pass, but your lifestyle might require it.

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief

6. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey pacrecon,

Congratulations of "taking the plunge" and ordering your Fujitsu Tablet! I can't wait to here of your experience with it. There is no doubt that many of us on the editorial team love Fujitsu products. By the way, since you plan to use it outdoors, you might just want to think about that "accidental" warranty policy. Let us know when your new Tablet arrives!

Barry J. Doyle
    Editor in Chief
    BargainTabletPC.com

7. pacrecon

Will do .Im not an experienced user so my thoughs will be coming from a simple view . The reasion I was drawn to tablets was the point and go ease of use I hate to type .Thanks for the great sight it helped me make my choice .No one seems to know much about them here (LA).Along with the warranty I purchased there harsh enviorment case Ill be in touch Thanks Guy <blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by Barry J. Doyle

Hey pacrecon,

Congratulations of "taking the plunge" and ordering your Fujitsu Tablet! I can't wait to here of your experience with it. There is no doubt that many of us on the editorial team love Fujitsu products. By the way, since you plan to use it outdoors, you might just want to think about that "accidental" warranty policy. Let us know when your new Tablet arrives!

Barry J. Doyle
    Editor in Chief
    BargainTabletPC.com

<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'></font id='quote'></blockquote id='quote'>

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. pacrecon

I recieved my st the 1st thing I did was to take it into the brite So Cal sun to make sure it worked out side. It has a better image out side than in and the more direct the sunlight the better.Im impressed and the size is great for what I need .I am not to thrilled with the case (harsh invroment130$)The screen protector killed some of the immage but the hand strap on back works well and the controlls are hard to get to .I havent had time to Play with it to much Or get it set up with the softwhare I need,A friend will set up and install office and quick books next week then Ill be able to use it on a daly basis .I like it -the case Ill keep you up to date Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.