First Look - Toshiba M400 Tablet PC w/ Core Duo (pics, specs)

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by spootwo, Apr 5, 2006.

1. lowlight

lowlight Pen Pal - Newbie

Im really interested in seeing some real life core duo performance and whether you can really tell the difference from the older CPU.

2. woutervegter

woutervegter Pen Pal - Newbie

Barry, can you maybe give us an hint on when you are going to publish your full review?

thanks in advance

edit:
    thx:)

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The plan is for April 10th on this one.

Barry

4. spootwo

spootwo Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought the Canadian model of the M400. First I plugged in an external monitor and the screen went blue, it was and still is (if I use the intel software) a complete system crash. Also the screen's not screwed on straight, it's angled slightly to the left. I think I was shipped a dud. I purchased the device online through Compusmart, and I regret not going directly through Toshiba. The device runs well, the fan is running faster than it needs to in Windows XP, as it quiets right down using Windows Vista.
    Technical support in general is in a sad state, and I may be stuck with my off-center screen because the device is in fact working, and that technicality has stranded me in limbo.
    I look forward to seeing if the review of the M400 will note either of these as system-wide issues.