First day in the field with my new HP tx2500

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by flanders, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flanders

flanders Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I finally managed to put it in my bag this morning to take to a client and lo and behold when I pulled it out of the bag it was hot as a pizza oven and running like mad (my BAG was hot even, now that's something)

I put it in after closing the lid for sleep mode and somehow it managed to wake up for who knows how long. At first the screen was just blank and after forcing a shutdown several times it managed to come back on and give me a display. I don't think it got too hot, as the cpu temps seemed to only be in the high 80s when I finally logged in and ran hwmonitor.

At least it appears to be undamaged but really HP? Really? In the bag? Geez. Guess that's one lesson learned. Put in hibernate or turn off before moving. I can only assume the 'side' buttons turned in on (it was closed and no way that power button did it.) Anyone else have this happen?

Ugh.

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

yes another user had this issue and the keyboard melted.

3. flanders

flanders Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I guess I lucked out that I didn't have any melted keys :) I actually thought my screen might have melted since that was extremely hot too. Honestly, I was fully expecting to find it bricked when I felt how hot it was.

4. nevarDeath

nevarDeath Phone Expert

yeah my tx2117cl gets really hot too, although when I shut the lid it just stays off. The heat issue is the only real problem I have with this tablet

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

@ flanders you're right it was the screen that melted.
    Revisited the post here

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

I try not to put my tx2500z to sleep inside my bag due to battery savings. I guess now I will NEVER use sleep mode. lol

7. showboatfp

showboatfp Pen Pal - Newbie

I put my laptop in sleep mode pretty much the entire time I'm in school, and it's never woken up in my bag. I'm in power saver mode all the time and the system runs cool without the fan revving up. The tx2500 is not a decent business machine at all because of the heat - it's not practical to have to run your processor at half speed to avoid the loud fan!

8. NNG

NNG Pen Pal - Newbie

It's the buttons on the monitor that forces it on. This is why I didn't install the buttons when I reinstalled windows recently.

It is incredibly annoying but it tends to only happen if the laptop is in laptop mode. If you put it in the bag as a tablet it will usually stay off.

9. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

I used sleep all the time (I found it saved pretty much the same power as hibernate but was much quicker to resume) and have never had problems with it waking up in my bag (although it's a really good Crumpler one :D)

10. AlekHugo

AlekHugo Pen Pal - Newbie

When my tx2500 is in the sleep mode, four playback buttons are disabled. Only the power button may turn on the computer but is is a slider so it is less probable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.