1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Finger Input - Possible to reduce "Hold finger for Right Mouse Button action" timer even further?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by Tharmamite, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Tharmamite

Tharmamite Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello there,
    like topic title says, I am looking for a possibility to reduce the timer for a RMB action on screen with a finger to maybe 0.5 secs. Microsoft gives me the possibility to go down to 1 sec, but that's still too high for someone who loves to play old strategy games on his tablet-PC.

Does someone know if a program exists which can reduce the timer for that action?:hi2:
  2. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

I've tried using the Registry to lower that value, but Windows ignored it. So I guess there's no way to achieve that.
  3. Tharmamite

Where exactly did you change these values?
  4. e-schreiber

I don't remember anymore. It was a long time ago. I tried values 1000ms and it changed nothing.
  5. Tharmamite

Any idea how you exactly found the regedit values? Just cheer luck? I find abosutely nothing with google.
  6. e-schreiber

I think I used a Registry monitor utility. Search the Registry for keys named "tablet", "touch" and "pen". But you'll waste your time.