Finally , a universal Wacom AES stylus (from Wacom)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alisaad619, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

This from Microsoft:

"Microsoft is introducing some great new pen features and functions in its Anniversary Update for Windows 10 through Windows Ink. The company is working with Wacom to create a pen that will work across a huge number of pen-enabled devices."

http://www.windowscentral.com/micro...eate-pen-will-work-across-huge-number-devices

-There isn't much more than that tidbit offered, but Wacom seems pleased with themselves. Apparently they're the ones spending the money on the Microsoft license. Neat trick for MS to have managed to get the horse hitched up that way around.

This from the Wacom investor newsletter I just found in my email (there's no corresponding webpage; Sorry. You'll just have to take my word for it. :)):

~~~~

"In its developer event Build 2016 at San Francisco, USA, held between March 30 and April 1, Microsoft introduced Windows Ink as one of the key elements of its Windows 10 Anniversary Update to be available this summer. Since digital pens will play a very important role in taking advantage of Windows Ink, Wacom and Microsoft have reached agreement for collaboration.

In the agreement, Wacom licenses Windows Pen protocol from Microsoft. This makes it possible for Wacom to incorporate both Microsoft Pen and Wacom Active ES Pen protocols in a single pen, making digital pens more convenient for users. Incidentally, the Universal Pen Framework Wacom announced in January last year to ensure interoperability of various digital pens has entered a new stage, due to this deal.

In the Windows Ink presentation at Build 2016, Microsoft's representative missed to mention that the prototype pen was developed by Wacom and both companies will keep their collaboration going in the future. To make up for this, Microsoft quickly tweeted about Wacom’s involvement in development of the pen for Windows Ink demo (See link above). As it turned out, this tweet has led to extensive media coverage globally."

~~~~~

Cheers!

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  2. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

Maybe this killed the 2-in-1? Its almost May and you can only get it in JP.

3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Probably. Makes me feel like an idiot for importing one in the hopes of replacing my Tru Pen.

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

5. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

I could be wrong but it looks like the 2-in-1 is dead. There is a thread on the Wacom forums which they stopped updating.

WillAdams likes this.
  6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Burgundy and kvoram like this.