Finally , a universal Wacom AES stylus (from Wacom)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alisaad619, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm not sure because it's non standard tip length (to be suited for samsung devices that use wacom EMR, samsung on recent devices made the tip shorter , so standard wacom pens have an offset on samsung devices , and the opposite is also correct , with the new pen, wacom is targeting samsung devices and I asked the users on amazon and they said it doesn't have an offset , so it should now have an offset with non samsung devices or older samsung devices)

so on non samsung wacom EMR devices you should get a better result with the more standard Wacom feel pen (older model)

http://amzn.to/1S6BjhQ

2. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

WillAdams likes this.
  3. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

4. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Is anyone else weirded out that no one is offering the option of a pre-order on this?

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

As far as I can recall, Wacom has never given the option to "Pre-Order" on their site. Heck you might see it at a Best Buy Store Shelf before Wacom sells it themselves.

6. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

In for one of these for sure.

7. WillAdams

Okay. it's February.

Where can I buy this?

8. WillAdams

And I check again, as I do pretty much every day, and this still isn't available for order --- anyone else worried that they're planning on making it available for sale on 29 February, doing some stupid campaign about it being a "Leap forward" or some such?

Grr, I'm tired of the cold, slick aluminum Toshiba TruePen (and the blue painter's tape which is starting to wear), I want something made of a nice resin or plastic, like the fountain pens which I prefer to use. (Though this now has me wondering if the plastic section on my Aurora Hastil will be sufficient for me to want to use it as a daily pen once I have the nib ground....)

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I could be wrong....but I'm fairly certain the AES Bamboo Smart Pen will actually use the same general cold aluminum/metal composition for the pen, as opposed to the EMR Smart Pens plastic construction. I believe the metal construction is necessary for ES based pens because of the AAAA Battery. Also, all OEMs using Wacom AES tech still have to get their supplies from Wacom. Where as the OEM can make cosmetic changes to the pen as far as color, number of side buttons, pen clip, length, etc.....the pen itself at its core is the same regardless of how the OEM decorates it.

10. WillAdams

So long as the surface isn’t metal, it’ll be an improvement for me — I was fine w/ the lacquer coated brass of the Finepoint stylus on my Fujitsu Stylistic ST2300 for years.