Final Decision T4220!!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Legato86, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mech_Engr

Mech_Engr Pen Pal - Newbie

After waiting and wandering on this site for about 1 and 1/2 year for Asus to fix their tablet and releasing a new version so called R1E ,I have given up for Asus and now I have decided to buy a Fujitsu T4220. As I m a Canadian so I can't steal one from fujitsu ebay store .So I have compared the prices of Fujitsu Canada with Laptop Authority for the same model and there is a BIG DIFFERENCE. Laptop Authority is selling T4220 2.2 Ghz T7500 with 1 Gb Ram and 100 Gb hard drive with indoor XGA screen with 3 yrs of manufacturer warranty for US $2018 whereas Fujitsu Canada is selling it for $2350 and we all know $CAD>$US . So All I need from you all tablet reveiw experts is a green signal to go ahead with my decision.

Please Comment and give me your point of view .

Thanks in Advance

(I will be using it for my engineering studies and running designing softwares like AutoCad ,Catia etc etc)

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you are asking for a green light for the T4220, then my answer would be a firm yes.

If you are asking for a green light on whom to purchase from, all I can say is Laptop Authority are trustworthy and reliable.
    They ship all over the world and for what you save here could be the difference in purchasing either additional memory from a third-party stockist or obtaining a modular battery.

3. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey, if you want to buy something other than an Asus, knock yourself out. You may want to go to the Fujitsu forum and talk to them about pricing.

The nice thing about Asus is that you can buy from anyone in the world and still get warranty coverage. That results in better value for your Canadian dollar. Additionally, the Canadian Asus people seem to be first rate on repairs.

4. Mech_Engr

Sorry guys for posting this thread in ASUS section .I was trying to post it in Fujitsu Section but accidentally it got posted into this section .I have requested site admin to move it to Fujitsu section.

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I missed that when I replied.....

I've just moved the topic to the right section.

btw who did you contact reference moving?

6. Mech_Engr

I tried to contact Brian to move the thread !

7. Legato86

Legato86 Pen Pal - Newbie

Haha, I originally wanted the R1F because of its larger screensize. I did some further reasearch on this site and read up all to know about the battery problems and the heat issues or whatever else people were complaining about. There are really no complaints about its performance, or atleast nothing glaringly bad, but as a student, I really need as much battery life as I can get. My choice, in the end, was the T4220. Let me tell you, I have never looked back on this purchase for a single second. It's the perfect size, speed and weight for what I need to use it for. This is not to say that it doesn't come without its own little quirks but they are totally live'able with (stuff like left palm rest is hollow with not much support and the screen being a little bit more wobbly than I like). I don't smash my head against my desk because I had to RMA another battery. Downtime is too costly for me as all my school work is done on this work puppy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.