FiChip Multi-Function Keyboard

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Steve S, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah, I've been seeing that pop up on some of my social feeds. As a general rule I expect all crowd sourcing/kickstarter devices to never come out, but should that actually get released, I could see myself very much buying it.
    Hell, I'm taken multi-monitor-ism to the level of religion practically, so I'll always welcome another screen.

For a coder/web dev, that half screen is a stupidly perfect place to throw a browsers console.log. And much like that article my first thought was on its similarity to the Asus Zen Pro Duo. Pair that keyboard with a Surface Pro and you basically have a makeshift Asus Zen Duo.

One thing I wasn't aware was that there is a second model with a slightly larger screen and thicker keys. I just wish they could incorporate a trackpad into it. And I'm unclear if it has a battery or not. Given how this keyboard is basically the size of an Ultrabook in its own right, I hope they have a battery somewhere in that thing.

Weirdly though I've seen concepts/pics of that thing with what looks like Classic Windows XP/7 on it.

3. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I feel like they'd be better off just making a wide / short screen that could work with most keyboards. I feel like many of the people who would be their target audience would be very particular about their keyboard. The layout looks pretty bad to me.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.