FBReader on ea800

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by d.goryachev, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi d-g,

Try this:
    PHP:
    QByteArray appcmdDict;
    QDataStream outDict(&appcmdDictQIODevice::WriteOnly);
    outDict << QString("dictionary -popup -x 94 -y 654 -w 64 -h 19 Overview");
    QCopChannel::send("eeeserver""app/run"appcmdDict);
    I just used eeesniff to sniff out the messages from a freshly rebooted eeenote.

pb

2. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

This approach didn't work too. At least in my case - I see "Loading" screen again, 1-2 min freez and no popup window later. Tried to sniff QCopChannel messages too, but without any success :(

Is there possibility, that reader app runs dictionary in other way than via QCopChannel? May be it worth to write dictionary emulator, that logs direct calls with command line params as well as QCopChannel messages .. I'm totally confused now :(

If anyone interested in progress with this reader - i've managed to realize missed (but planned) dictionary functionality of FBReader, now user can bind "openSelectedTextInDictionary" action to any sensor key and use ASUS dictionary (if it was pre-runned, at least now). May be I'll add corresponding button to toolbar, to use it with stylus.

If all goes well, I'll be able to present binary package in two-three days.

Need to say, that i don't fully satisfied by FBReader book organizer, although it's better than native asus one.

Ideally, wish to see a filesystem browser with ability to link file types (by extension, obviously) with reader application. Thus we would have an opportunity to call djview4 by clicking on djvu file, fbreader for epub, fb2, chm, rtf and native reader to read pdf.

I've googled for such application but it founds none. qt-apps.org didn't bring any interesting variant too. I fear, one and only solution would be to write it specially for eee note :(

3. d.goryachev

Well, i've solved problem with non-Latin symbols in dictionary popups, but still can't manage it to run, if dictionary process doesn't exist already. Even from console can't run dictionary app :(

4. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi d.goryachev

Would it be possible to reuse the "openSelectedTextInDictionary" action or to create a similar function to copy the selected text and to pass this to an application? I am thinking about emulating some sort of note taking system by just opening a file where you can dump, using the above "action", all the selections you like while you read. Of course the selections will not be saved in the book file but in the file mentioned above but at least that is a decent and automated way to save quotes you like.
    Would this be possible?

5. d.goryachev

I've used openSelectedTextInDictionary action to .. open selected text in dictionary .. :) There are copyToClipboard action - think it more than possible, to dump copied text to file in same manner.

6. domee

domee Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, this app looks amazing. a stupid question from someone without any programming knowledge whatsoever: would it be possible to integrate FBreader into QtPacker so that it can be (un)installed from there?

Thanks for your great work!

7. d.goryachev

Yes, i think it possible :)

Looks like i've failed to beat native dictionary. Spent 3 days for it, without any success and without any hope for success.

But there are is good news - i've managed to compile and run qstardict in eee note. Now i've compiled only stardict plugin, but there is multirun swac and web (to google translate?) plugins.

QStardict does same thing as native dictionary - offer stand-alone translator and popup windows, based on selection scan. Moreover, it have not limits to amount of installed dictionary and can be expanded by writing new plugins if there is any need in it.

As stand-alone dictionary it works right now.

So i will stop attempts to use native, asus dictionary.

UPD. QStardict homepage, if anyone interested http://qstardict.ylsoftware.com/

8. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it possible to translate selection words in the native reader? How does it work? Could you make a screenshots.

9. d.goryachev

Open any book in native reader (with selectable text), press most right icon on top toolbar (book with loupe) and select text to translate. That's all. :)

10. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

:) I know it! This is the wonderfull thing and the main reason why I don't want to change native reader to other. But I told about QStardict.:) Is it work the same?

Privet vsem ponimaushim etu nadpis':)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.