Fanless Haswell Tablet in the works!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Bronsky, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  2. fadesurf225

fadesurf225 Pen Pal - Newbie

Agree with all your points there. Especially wacom + matte display.

3. BurntOrngeLonghorn84

BurntOrngeLonghorn84 Scribbler - Standard Member

Let's not forget a pen silo!

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Agreed. I like the Elitepad form factor. Put Wacom or Ntrig in it, matte screen, etc. And it would be very interesting. Who knows? Though I have to say, given HP's history on tablets, I'm less then sure.

5. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

I'd like to see HP release an awesome Tablet PC....but I find it unlikely to happen. :(

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Fire Meg and elevate Rick to CEO, like I suggested a year ago.:thumbsup:

7. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I would agree with what you said, and would also like to add a full size SD port on the tablet itself.

8. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Sadly, that would only solve 1/9 of the problems....

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. NUHP1

NUHP1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well HP has finally showed off their fanless haswell tablet the Spectre 13 X2. There is limited info on it.

HP has also revealed a 13-inch tablet, the Spectre 13 x2, that uses Intel's new ultra-low-power Y-series 'Haswell' processors for fanless designs. Although the system is large and heavier than a typical 13-inch Ultrabook, it operates as either a tablet or as a laptop when docked into its keyboard accessory.

Like the Envy 17, the Spectre 13 x2 is encased in aluminium, and has a choice of specs that includes various Haswell CPUs, 4 to 8 GB of RAM and up to 128 GB of storage. HP claims that, despite the 13-inch display, the system will deliver around 7.5 hours of battery life, but declined to mention how hot the system would run without a fan. The dockable tablet will be available on October 16th, with prices starting at $1099.99.

HP unveils laptop with Leap Motion alongside fanless Haswell tablet - TechSpot

[video=youtube;PW9_oHVcT4Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW9_oHVcT4Y[/video]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  10. NUHP1

NUHP1 Pen Pal - Newbie

HP outed a lot of new gear today, and among the touchscreen devices it introduced, the new Spectre 13 x2 is billed as the first Haswell-powered tablet that doesn't need a fan for cooling. That probably means that the elegant Sony Vaio Tap 11 still has a tiny fan behind its vents.

It's a bit of a stretch from HP to call the the HP Spectre 13 x2 a tablet, as it sports a huge detachable 13.3" Full HD display part, and an aluminum keyboard dock to go along with it. The processor and storage are in the tablet half, though, so you can just grab it and go, using the full power of Windows 8.

When you need long typing sessions or extra ports, you just plug it back into the keyboard dock, which sports extra battery juice, two USB 3.0 ports, a full HDMI one, and an SD card slot, while the screen part only has a microSD slot, and 64 Gb or 128 GB of internal memory.

HP cites long 7.5 hours of battery life, which can be expected from a Haswell machine, but the most important part here is that Windows 8 will run cool and silent on a fanless Full HD tablet, albeit a giant 13" one. Expect it to ship October 16th from $1099.99 and up.

HP Spectre 13 x2 is the first fanless tablet with Haswell, runs Win 8 on the hush

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.