Fall Creators Update 1709 issues

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by WillAdams, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

But to map the default action to scroll the page when touch so easily and readily accomplishes the same thing is great waste of the pen's precision, no?

Selofain and WillAdams like this.
  2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I agree. But my wife prefers to scroll with a stylus because she says her fingernails get in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty likes this.
  3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

It worked fine before --- catering to the lowest common denominator and allowing the careless to be less deliberate and even less careful does not help the expressiveness of the interface.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    dstrauss likes this.
  4. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's funny, my friend said almost the exact same thing. She doesn't like the clacking noise every time she touches the screen and inadvertently tap her nails...but I find it rather "musical".

It's like hand "tap-dancing". :p

5. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So we need an option.

WillAdams likes this.
  6. riceart

riceart Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, im glad that i found this. Cause this win10 drives me crazy. Im using two penabled devices, surface pro 1gen and cube mix plus. I had same issue on both devices in win10. First i tested it on surface pro and noticed in programs like blender, problem with object rotation, painting sculpting. Everything was starting with some lag. Besides this i had problems in all internet browsers, selecting issues, no scroll in browser windows. It was a pain so i decided to move back to windows 8.1 but i stil had this lag issue in blender. So ive started testing wacom drivers and found out that the newest 7.3.4.37 was the problem so i rolled to oldest one that i had in my download folder 7.1.2-9 it works perfect. Now that i bought cube mix plus and it comes with windows 10 by default im getting same problems. I wrote to wacom since i was sure that its cause of their driver but they send me to manufacturers of tablet so Microsoft and Cube. Im not counting on cube since you should know why :D so i started looking for some help with surface pro and found this thread. I see that there is more people having this problems. Do you know if microsoft is aware of this ? will they do anything to repair penabled devices ? Has anyone of you tried installing windows 8 on cube mix plus?

WillAdams likes this.
  7. millerajm

millerajm Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone with 1709, and a pen and touch display (wacom or surface) do the following:

In Control Panel, Pen and Touch Settings:
    DISABLE press and hold for right click for PEN
    ENABLE press and hold for right click for TOUCH

I am able to check the boxes, and see the registry updating, but the behavior is not as it was before. Now the pen's setting is superseded by the touch setting, so I can only disable press and hold right click for the pen if it is disabled in the touch tab. I tried this on multiple devices at the Microsoft Store and had the same sad result.

Does it work for anyone? Microsoft of course just recommends contacting Wacom... Once I called Wacom and the guy had never heard of the FeelDriver...

I suppose they will probably just remove this option in the next update, since it's already broken.

8. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I had a friend whose cheap Nuvision tablet (used for notetaking only) upgraded to FCU over the weekend. It was a bad sign when during the upgrade process, it asked for a product key, but it got worse after it finished. Apparently now OneNote crashes at every boot and every time she tries to run a program that needs it, the PC tries to install .NET 3.5... but if she goes into Add/Remove Windows Features it says it's already installed. Probably will be walking her through a system reset for that one at some point soon.

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I don't think they've had one major upgrade that went smooth. Yet, the insider program is huge, the amount of data they receive from that has to be gargantuan. Someone in Redmond has to realize that Windows is now too big, too complex, and a patchwork of obsolete protocols and routines that is required to run some IBM PC Jr from 81.

10. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

I just recently upgraded to FCU and got aware of the whole crap going on with pen input :mad: (FUC* FCU)
    Can you provide a link to your feedback topic? I wasn't able to find it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    WillAdams likes this.