Fake Paypal emails.. people who wants to buy your stuff.

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by atom, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gothic007

    gothic007 Pen Pal - Newbie

    Messages:
    29
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    5
    Well i would like to inform everybody that i know, or i can reach about that.
    I don't know if this one is the right place to post. but i thought since it is about buying i would like to post here..

    So i am trying to sell my Compaq presario v2000, and i was not sure how to..and how much...

    so first i post something on Craiglist.. on Florence al area..

    for 500$... yeah i did not know the price.. it is expensive for my system..
    it should be 300..

    So i got an email couple of days later, the person write me that he wants to buy the laptop..
    actually i will post the actuall mail...
    so you will see..

    From: donsonyia2@hotmail.com
    To: ME :)
    Subject: RE: HP Compaq Presario v2000 - $500 (Florence)
    Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 03:13:36 -0600
    Hello,

    I am very grateful to hear back from you.I am a University Senior Lecturer residing in Texas.The (HP Compaq Presario) is for my son's birthday present,due to his brilliant performance,he was currently transfered from Us to West Africa with his team on human development under World Health Organization (*WHO*)

    I'll be paying you through paypal.I will forward my son's residential address to you for shipping as soon as the payment reaches you.Kindly send me your paypal money request for your payment.

    NOTE: I will be paying you $640 for both the cost price of the item and shipping fee.I will prefer shipping via USPS,i made an inquiry to their office and it will cost about $80-$100.

    Regards,
    Donald.

    From: ME
    To: donsonyia2@hotmail.com
    Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 04:31:16 -0500

    Hi good to hear from you too.
    Honestly i don't know so much things about shipping and paypal, pretty much that's why i gave the advertisement on craiglist(Florence) .
    I will be searching about those and figure out, i havent send any package to anywhere before. So i pretty much don't want the item get damage by the shipment.

    i will learn about the paypal paying sistem and usps. And let you know.
    Hopefully i will figure out soon

    From: donsonyia2@hotmail.com
    To: ME
    Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 03:36:05 -0600

    Paypal is very easy to use and it is the best way to transact,just go to their website www.paypal.com and set up your account,after you have done that,get back to me with your paypal email so that i will do the payment.Hope to hear from you soon.

    Regards,
    Donald.

    From: ME
    To: donsonyia2@hotmail.com
    Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:03:24 -0500

    Hi I sent you the paypal pay request from their site.
    hopefully you got the mail. So can you give me the adress so i can check the shipping details.

    regards,

    From: donsonyia2@hotmail.com
    To: ME
    Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 12:18:51 -0600

    Hello,

    Thanks for your email,i want to let you know that i have done the payment and your money was deducted from my paypal account.As soon as paypal contacts you for your money,Go and send the item to my son today via postal office (USPS) make it Registered Express mail, because his birthday is coming up soon,here is my son's address

    Name:George Onyia
    Address:#12 Amawbia Street Uwani
    State:Enugu State
    Zip Code:234 42
    Country:Nigeria

    Kindly get back to me asap.
    Regards,
    Donald.

    After all these things, i got 2 mails from paypal(!)..
    which is telling me that i need to send the item and put the tracking number on paypal page.. so the payment will be on my account after that..
    that was pretty interesting but kind of ok.

    I mean when you are selling something,, you get excited.. you finally found someone to sell your item.

    So check it out..
    1.Craiglist (florence al)-> he is from TX
    2.he said he is a lecturer. but all of his emails are on 4.00am and around, never get another email other times..
    3. never gives a number to call.
    4. want me to send it express..
    5. item is 300$ on ebay.. he is ok to pay 640..

    so don't be happy that you found someone that has no idea about things. and buying it for the son.. because you can become the fool person afterall..

    I mean please check the mail adresses very carefully..
    and even if you have chance ask if they are really from paypal to help department if you are not sure how to check..

    Even if you know alot about computers, and webpages...
    if you are excited about something, sometimes you forget to check, like me..
    i almost send the item, and i just remember that i havent check the mail adress.

    so.. email adress was
    From: PayPal Team (paypalteam1@mail2online.com)
    1....mail2online.com......

    and the pretty cool looking paypals fake email's last part...

    Receipt Number: 3514-0043-2038-8866

    Keep your Receipt Number (shown above) for future reference.. You will need to refer to this number if you need customer service from P.A, Inc. or from PayPal.

    This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification and this is done to secure both the buyer and the seller against any fraudulent activities. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail paypalteam1@mail2online.com and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number the money will be credited to your account and this is done for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller.

    This payment is approved but it will stand as payment pending until we receive the shipment reference/tracking number from you.

    **PLEASE NOTE**
    Once shipment has been verified and the tracking number sent to us,
    You will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from PayPal® informing you that the Money has been credited

    Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team.

    Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved.

    Well i am sorry it is a little bit too long, but i just want you to see how these minds are working, and how can you think that the person can be fake..

    but basically..never.. ever send your item before you touch the money :)))

    i am just a really good person that i even put a note on the desktop about the guys birthday.. and explain things about the computer. haha yeah don't be so kind.. or fool..

  2. grajohnson75

    grajohnson75 Scribbler - Standard Member

    Messages:
    146
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    31
    That is a common scam scenario. Almost anyone who sells a laptop on eBay recieves something like this. It's generally not a good sign if someone wants you to ship your item to Africa.

  3. atom

    atom Pen Pro - Atomic Member

    Messages:
    606
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    31
    Just follow two rules regarding PayPal.

    1.) Check PayPal.com directly, ignore any email's. You can view them from PayPal.com anyway.

    2.) Make sure they have a confirmed address and make sure you get shipping confirmation and SIGNATURE confirmation with anything over $500.

    The end.

  4. gothic007

    gothic007 Pen Pal - Newbie

    Messages:
    29
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    5
    well thanks, it was my first time selling item on paypal. i realize that it is fake most of the point, ( conversations, lecturer.. 4 am mails.. no calls..)
    but the last mail part from paypal was prove me that it is fake.

    I just post this to people who don't know this kind of things.. if i am a regular guy who just checks emails, and not so familiar about deals, don't know so many information about www.....com... i could saw paypal team and send the item.. and wait for the money forever..

    i mean i would be really sad.. because i need the money , i want to get new laptop, that would make me stay without any laptop.. and money..

  5. Seb656

    Seb656 Fujitsu T2010 User

    Messages:
    128
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    30
    I hate the African scammers. Its either, please mail your stuff to Ethiopia or you have won a kajizzzilion dollars please give me all your personal information. Moral of the story, only trust the paypal website and make sure to access it through your web browser and not through an e-mail (could be a phishing site).

  6. atom

    atom Pen Pro - Atomic Member

    Messages:
    606
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    31
    They might not even be African you know :p. They just want you to send stuff to Nigeria though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page