fair price for thinkpad tablet 2 without pen?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by bobthemagicmoose, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobthemagicmoose

bobthemagicmoose Pen Pal - Newbie

So I just bought a new ThinkPad tablet 2 from a person in the local classifieds. I was going to buy it for $500 but when we couldn't get the pen out, he agreed to lower the price to 475. It turns out that the pen was actually a spacer and this model of the ThinkPad tablet 2 doesn't come with a pen OR DIGITIZER FUNCTIONALITY. He argues that 475 is still a fair price even without the digitizer, but I am skeptical. I just want to make sure I'm not getting screwed, any thoughts? Prices in USD
    Thanks!

2. beckyb

beckyb Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, I just bought one on ebay with the digitizer and pen for $535 shipped. I guess it depends on whether you really need the pen or not. If you need it, you can't even add it later since the models without the pen don't have the digitizer either. Also, is this a 32GB or 64GB one that you are looking at? I think some of them without the pen had only 32GB storage.

Personally, I wouldn't want one without the pen and digitizer. Keep in mind that your resale value will also be lower.

3. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Totally up to your preferences to pen functionality. Do you take notes frequently or want simple document annotation? Do you like to draw or mostly doodle? etc.

I personally wouldn't want one without a digitizer either. Subjective aside, having a digitizer is not neglectible, just look at the price difference between x230 and x230t. Once again the off-set is upto your preferences, I go for $80-100 less than the market price.

4. bobthemagicmoose

bobthemagicmoose Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the advice! It seems like I got a good deal on the tablet, even without the pen. I really want the pen for PhotoShop and annotations on pdfs/onenote. The pen functionality is more just a want and not a need though so for the time being I will just stick with touch only. I love this table though.... thanks all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.