F5V i5 or CL910

Discussion in 'Motion Computing' started by tbase1, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbase1

tbase1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Should i sell my F5V equiped with 2 docking stations, extra battery, bump case, and snap on case for CL910?:confused:

2. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

Depends on your needs really. To me it seems the F5V is the better machine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

3. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would say don't; Because the screen quality, Wacom pen system, processor/ GPU (and other underlying hardware systems), swappable battery, bezel buttons and other things make the F5V a much much more featured machine. While the CL910 is simply the CL900 with a slight upgrade to a different Intel Atom processor and ultra-low-end GPU, still the same crappy N-trig digitizer, still the same non-AFFS+ screen (it is a smaller 10.1" 16:9 screen none-the-less, the F5v has a 10.4" 4:3 screen; I highly recommend at least taking a piece of paper and cutting it to 8.81"x4.95" as that is what the CL900/ CL910 are, then compare it to your F5V's screen, I think you will see the issue of screen space with 16:9)

If you need/want a light weight system to supplement the F5v maybe sell one of the docking stations and some other stuff you have around, then buy a used Fujitsu Q550 for ~$400-500 on ebay [maybe cheaper if you wait around for some of the auctions]; if you put a clean install of a Vlite build of Windows 7 [or 8] on it, and setup the rest of the system properly, then it will be a machine that is extremely close to what the CL900 or even CL910 is.

4. tbase1

tbase1 Pen Pal - Newbie

wow.....thanks for the very informative post. I truely love my F5V, and I invested a lot of money and time into it to make it an even more rugged field tablet. I guess sometimes the bug hits you for something else an you forget how good you have it. I also have a warranty that's good until the end of 2013, so I can at the least wait until then to see what else comes out. I like the thought of the Q550, but I have to sell my LE1700 UVA before I go that route.

5. chris-lawrence

chris-lawrence Pen Pal - Newbie

How much faster is the LE1700 compared to the LE1600? (For example large brushes across a 20mp (5000x4000) size image?)

Does the extra resolution make a big difference?

6. tbase1

tbase1 Pen Pal - Newbie

the 1600 is a core 1 and the 1700 is a core 2. There's a lot that makes the difference for me. The ultra view anywhere screen, core2, resolution, battery life, speed of windows 7 pro just to name a few.

7. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

It depends on the program too. I've had exceptionally good results working on an le1600 using Paint Tool Sai, even though it's a single core. I can easily have canvases and brushes at the size you suggest. It's just the way Sai is made. My le1600 grinds to a halt though on Artrge, using watercolor brushes. For that I need a core2duo, like in the 1700.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.