F3507g workaround: Use WWAN card without third party software and utilize the GPS sensor

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by semalb, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semalb

semalb ♂

@TabbedOut: Sure it's ok.

@andre217: Shall you please provide feedback for GPS sensor too? I had some trouble to make it work, i need to know if it fix satellites out of the box.

2. d4v3

d4v3 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there!

Could someone please upload the files again or send them via email?
    (ask_dave_at_hotmail.com)?
    Rapidshare link is down. :(

Thanks in advance!

3. semalb

semalb ♂

Try here, i've uploaded it on my skydrive. It's on a public folder, so live authentication shouldn't be required.

@Moderators: is it possible to provide a 6Mb space for this directly here? It does not violates any eula.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. ull

ull Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

It looks like the skydrive link does not work. Can anyone upload this file again or send it by e-mail? Thanks in advance!

Ull

5. semalb

semalb ♂

It's probably due to live wave 4 partial implementation.
    Link updated. Try now.

6. bawwaa

bawwaa Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey;

I am using the dell studio XPS 1645. I got this ericsson F3507g WWAN Card. Online it said Dell 5330 wireless WWAN Card. But when i installed it and installed the drivers it didnt work. I downloaded the above file and installed the drivers. They work fine. However, the dell wireless maneger says module not communicating and in the settings it wont show the ericsson card. Can you please let me know what kind of software should be used?? No GPS. No radio. nothing is working.

Thank you,
    Kavinda

7. semalb

semalb ♂

I'm not sure for DELL but for toshiba you just need the R/F software (to turn the card on or off from keyboard) and drivers. Everything else is included in windows 7 CommManager.

8. t0x1n

t0x1n Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi semalb,

I have an LG X120 with an unidentified "Ericsson F3507g WMC Composite Device", and I believe your workaround should work for me.

Before I install it, though - what version of the Lenovo drivers did you use ?
    The newest versions appear to be 7uw708ww and 7uw726ww (not exactly sure what the difference between them is)

If the drivers you have uploaded (unified.rar) are older, would you mind uploading the newer ones, or publishing how you managed to extract the drivers from the installer ? (I can't get any inf files from the Universal extractor)

Thanks !

EDIT - I finally managed to extract the drivers!
    Everything seems to work now :)
    Credit: http://www.sbbala.com/DellWWAN/Dell5530.htm
    Basically the files are packed in like 4 installation layers, some of them you can unpack with the universal extractor, and for others you have to take the files out of the temp folder. From the article:

9. semalb

semalb ♂

I'm sorry i've just noticed this. What's new with these drivers?
    I'm not upgrading drivers unless they increase features or stability. Actually i'm happy with those i've just posted. I'm curious though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.