External display resolutions letterboxed

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by minikui, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minikui

minikui Pen Pal - Newbie

I am using an external display with my Slate when docked, extended mode, to have more desktop to work with.

My external display is Eizo S2411W (16:10) and it's identified correctly by the OS. But none of the resolution options are even close to this aspect ratio;

Yet, Slate's own native resolution is 1024x600 (reasonably close to 16:9, just 24 pixels extra in hight).

So, what's the problem here?

Do you have wide screen resolutions available to your external display(s)? Ie. could it be that devices I have been using are just misconfigured in the device data? (All of them?) Or is it that GMA600 doesn't simply offer wide screen modes for external devices?

Only other option that comes into my mind is that this may have something to do with the HDMI->DVI adapter I have to use to connect to devices.

Your comments and experiences warmly welcomed, Thank You.

2. khs

khs Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

did you find a solution for this problem? I seem to have the same problem (but with the Fujitsu Q550 (also with GMA600) and a Fujitsu P24W-6 monitor, native resolution 1920x1200). This combination worked a few weeks ago, but I can't find out what caused the problem.

I also thougt it was a HDMI->DVI adapter problem, but I ordered a second adapter cable and still have the problem (with the same cables I can connect a Bluray player @1080p with the monitor).

I just found out, that while I use the monitor as 2nd monitor (expanded view, monitor is identified as number 2 in the GMA600 driver settings), the identification for the color profile settings is contrary (the external monitor here is number 1). I don't know if this is a sign for a corrupt system, but now I've reinstalled the Intel driver and the diplay driver for few times and still have the problem.

Regards
    khs