External Battery for Surface Pro?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dgeffs, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. den.peder

den.peder Pen Pal - Newbie

Good conversations here. The lithium-ion batteries I was referring to are the ones in the Surface. After all the readings here and some elsewhere, I am convinced that connecting a voltage, if buffered some way, and my way is using an external battery, is safe for the surface pro. The worst case, is connecting directly to the car cig lighter because the running voltage is higher than 14.2 sometimes.

So, my idea of 40-60watt solar cell, connected to a battery that normally tops at 14 volts, and going from there to the Surface, you will be protected and can run indefinitely as long as the sun shines:hi2:

Den

2. bashar

bashar Pen Pal - Newbie

dear sir

have you pdf sheet for cp022nd

and i have qestion what is th(ttc) and what is used for and the deffrent between them and ntc ??

thank you for your Patience

3. DeCosta

DeCosta Guest

Check this site - qi-infinity

I saw Surface powerbank with adapter already included

4. PepsiBlue

PepsiBlue Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same battery pack. Have you done any battery tests with your Tekkeon? If so, could you explain your test and how long it lasted?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. johnmacc

johnmacc Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know the pinout for the new Surface Pro 3 power connector? Is the wiring the same as the pro2?

Thank you!

6. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

Unfortunately, only SP2 is supported. A new connector is required for SP3

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Does anyone know the pinout for the new Surface Pro 3 power connector? Is the wiring the same as the pro2?..>>

...If anyone has identified the pinout, I haven't seen it. It's possible that someone may take a run at it once the Dock is available, but it will likely still be a difficult task.

As has already been said, the Pro 3 DC connector is a new design, so the "wiring" probably is not the same. However, given that the contacts are symmetric, it's easy to guess that the DC(+) and Ground(-) will be in the same positions at either end of the connector. The third pin could be a Sense pin of some sort. The final question is: Are there 6 contacts on the DC connector or 12? I suspect that it's 12, but that 8 of them are paired for 4 discrete connections...

8. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

This seems implicit from this entire thread, but is there no chance that Energizer will make a tip for the SP3?

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...is there no chance that Energizer will make a tip for the SP3?..>>

...I wouldn't say "no chance," but Energizer has to be practical. If Pro 3 is sufficiently successful in the marketplace, then the chances of Energizer introducing a Pro 3-compatible tip increases. If Pro 3 falters, a tip is less likely. We'll have to wait and see...

10. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

I spoke to Energizer about a connector to go with my power pack. There response was that MS power connector is proprietary and that they could not duplicate. So, looks like we are out of luck...unless we maker our own...