External battery charger for TC1000/TC1100

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by peterekstedt, Mar 21, 2006.

1. peterekstedt

peterekstedt Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm a happy TC1100 owner. I have 2 batteries and use my tablet all day. I've always charged both batteries in the tablet because the external charger was insanely expensive. Then I had a stroke of luck, and bought an external charger at a stock liquidation auction. It's great...except I had to buy 9 of the chargers as a bulk lot.

So, now I'm looking for other TC1100 (or TC1000) owners who'd like to buy an external charger for their spare battery. Mods, I understand if this needs to be moved to the "For Sale" forum, but I hoped it could start here for a day or two so HP tablet owners would be aware of this opportunity.

Here are the details:

HP common battery charger
    Brand new in box, original HP product, part no: DF933A#ABG.

External charger that keeps a spare battery fully charged and ready to swap into your laptop. Suits batteries used in these HP/Compaq laptop models:

• NC4200
    • NC6000
    • W8000
    • NX5000
    • TC1100
    • NX9040

Comes with a standard 65W AC adapter which can also be used as a spare power adapter with most HP notebooks and tablet PCs. This is exactly the same power adapter/cable that comes with most new HP laptops - so is a great way to get a spare power adapter PLUS external battery charger.

The charger also includes a function to recalibrate older laptop batteries so they hold more charge.

Photo is attached.

Retail price for these charger and AC adapter kits is USD $200.00. In Europe they cost 200 euro. In Australia they cost AUD $200.00

They are becoming very hard to get now, as they have been replaced by an even more expensive product which caters to additional laptop models.

This new kit in the original sealed box is from an Australian reseller who went out of business.

I can ship worldwide, so if you buy from outside Australia the only thing you need to get locally is a cloverleaf power cord (i.e. the cord that runs from the 65W adapter to your power outlet). These cords cost about USD $3.00 from any computer store. You can also get them on eBay (do a search for "laptop clover"). That mains power cord is the only difference between the versions of this kit sold in different countries around the world.

I have a few of these and will eventually post them to eBay, but thought I'd try here first.

My price is $60 Australian dollars, plus shipping.

I prefer to transact via PayPal and will accept credit card payments.

Here are some indicative shipping details, all in Australian dollars:

Domestic shipping within Australia is via registered post: $15.00 (includes insurance)

North America shipping costs

• USA via air mail: $51.50
    • USA via economy air: $45.00
    • USA insurance: $7.50
    • Canada and Mexico shipping prices: same prices as USA, but no insurance available for airmail or economy air.
    • Canada or Mexico shipments can also be sent via courier, which includes online tracking and insurance for $85.00.

Europe shipping costs

• United Kingdom, France, Italy via air mail: $65.50 (+ optional $7.50 for insurance)
    • United Kingdom, France, Italy via economy air: $54.00 (+ optional $7.50 for insurance)
    • Germany shipping prices: same prices as UK, France and Italy, but no insurance is available for airmail or economy air.
    • Germany shipments can also be sent via courier, with online tracking and insurance for $94.00.

Asia-Pacific shipping costs

• New Zealand via air mail: $32.50 (+ optional $7.50 for insurance)
    • Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong via air mail: $41.25 (+optional $7.50 for insurance)
    • Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong via economy air: $36.75 (+optional $7.50 for insurance)

All other destinations

Please ask, or to get an instant answer use the Australia Post shipping calculator at: http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/int_parcel.asp.

The parcel weight is "2000 up to 2250g".

Estimated delivery times

• Air mail: 3 to 10 business days
    • Economy air: 2 to 4 weeks
    • Courier: 2 to 5 business days

Insurance, taxes, duties or tariffs

• If you do not choose to pay for insurance then you assume total responsibility for lost or damaged shipments. I strongly recommend insuring your shipment.
    • Buyer is responsible for any taxes, duties or tariffs.
    • I cannot answer questions about local taxes, duties or tariffs in your country.
    • I will endeavour to comply with buyer requests to fill out customs declarations in order to legally minimize such charges.

Please PM or email me through the facilities on this site if you're interested.

cheers,
    Pete

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. peterekstedt

peterekstedt Pen Pal - Newbie

So that's all folks...mods please remove this thread.