Extensive review and videosite of the S7S

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by timpaatkins, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Jesse B Andersen

Im not sure if he is a member here already,but he has a bunch of nice videos and tips on the Slate!

2. anteatereater

anteatereater Scribbler - Standard Member

This is a good find. He's convinced me to bypass the wakeup logon. Starts up just like a phone now. Now I'll never shut this thing down :)

3. murix

murix Pen Pal - Newbie

Why not just use the Samsung Touch login instead? It works very well.

4. Antfield

Antfield Pen Pal - Newbie

I like Jesse B Andersen's review. I was checking out his review of the lenovo convertible back when I was considering the EP121. He does a good job explaining and seem to know the real concern of an actual user (like how the lenovo convertible tilt perfectly for landscape use but is impractical for portrait mode etc.)

I use the Touch Login right now, but I've been thinking of disabling that too. I wonder how much is a windows login worth if the slate got stolen. I imagine someone could easily hack that with some time and know-how? My only security concern is if someone stole it, not if someone sneak in to read my email while I look away. :/

5. murix

murix Pen Pal - Newbie

If you don't have drive/file encryption, then a login is worthless for a stolen device. If you are using AES-256, the next biggest risk is a brute force agains the keys, which on most personal machines, for example using bitlocker, are contained on the device and utilize an account password.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.