extended warranty?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Castolom, Aug 12, 2008.

1. MR_fanny

MR_fanny Pen Pal - Newbie

ok so i purchased the extended warranty. do i have to register the laptop anywhere to activate it? i tried registering on the fujitsu US website as instructed in the provided documentation but when i put in my codes it says the system is not in their record. what do i do? im in Australia by the way.

cheers in advance.

2. lavenderpup

lavenderpup T4220 Owner

Where did you get the extended warranty from? I'm in Australia as well, but I bought mine from the US since it was heaps cheaper. Of course, that US site's extended warranty applies to US and Canada only. *frowns*

But anyway, the fujitsu asia site is where you would register http://ww3.fujitsu-pcap.com.sg/registration/support/asp/index.asp
    although it sure doesn't accept the fujitsu usa comps *sigh*

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You may need to contact the retailer, however all the information you need can be found here:

http://www.fujitsu.com/au/support/

4. MR_fanny

MR_fanny Pen Pal - Newbie

i got it from laptop authority. i was under the impression it was international? i would be quite peeved if the they knew about this prior to selling me the extended warranty.

will have a read of that link.

5. lavenderpup

lavenderpup T4220 Owner

Well the first year certainly is. Perhaps buying it immediately makes it international. It's just trying to buy extended warranty afterwards doesn't seem to be worldwide.. or maybe it's just fujitsu US and laptop authority obtained an Australian version.

6. Castolom

Castolom Pen Pal - Newbie

This is an old post, I know, but since one of my customers referred me to it, I want to clarify a few things here:

-Standard warranty extension (extra 1 or 2 years) is international and it will work in Australia too. End user doesn't need to do anything about it. A reseller will purchase such extension at Fujitsu and they will register it in their database (they will link it with the serial number of the computer). Hold on to the original invoice, though - we had some cases when Fujitsu outside of the US asked an end user for a copy.

-On site service (Executive Mobile Plan) and Screen Damage Protection are valid only in the USA and Canada. If you intend to purchase Fujitsu computer in the US and use it outside of the US and Canada - don't buy these plans.