Extended warranties and T4210

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by namrog84, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namrog84

namrog84 Pen Pal - Newbie

Two seperate topics...
    Extended warranties
    Some of you know that VISA offers an extended warranty if you purchase in full through the card. It will double your original manufacturer’s (or U.S. store brand) warranty up to 12 months.

However not to bash VISA, I do not have one. I looked into others. I use USAA mastercard. I found out they offer this EXACT same deal. I reccomend many of you before going to get a VISA. that your current Creditcard company MAY offer a similiar deal.

These deals do not only apply to Laptops, but they apply to ANYTHING with a warranty. Check with your Creditcard companys. There is alot of things that they offer that many people do not know about...

2nd topic
    Fujitsu T4210
    oh how id like the option of a SXGA screen for it. I went and looked into the "special arrangements" that some people have talked about on these forums...
    this is the deal

The special arrangements for the SXGA+ display refers to large number
    orders. We cannot manufacture only one unit with this display due to
    the cost factor.

The display is not offered as a standard option on
    this unit as the public masses prefer the display with the 160 degree
    viewing angle.

so SXGA+ does not offer as wide of a viewing angle, which some may or may not like.
    Large orders exact quantity is unknown, but id assume something like 500, 1000, or 5000.
    maybe we can all pitch in and buy one together? :p
    I am looking into if a company wants a large order of it, that they may build a couple xtra for us. Also looking into, the exact #, because i personally think they could sell 500 or 1000 limited edition versions over next few months? but thats just me

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Or perhaps if a Fujitsu reseller buys a couple hundred models with the SXGA+ then sells it on their website, then that may be beneficial to us all? :)

3. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

So wait, is the SXGA+ screen not indoor/outdoor?

4. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

That's odd... the M400 has a "Wide Angle View SXGA". I understand that everything has to do with profit, but I really think it was/is a mistake for Fujitsu to not to offer this option on thier flagship tablet, especially when thier main competitor is offering it.

5. okashira

okashira Scribbler - Standard Member

Toshiba will probably only supply Fujitsu with their lower-end SXGA+ screen.

we need to wait for BOE Hydis to get off their ass.

6. namrog84

namrog84 Pen Pal - Newbie

More info...

"Thank you for your inquiry about the SVGA+ screen for the T4210.

A "large number order" is not an exact number. If a corporate customer
    calls and wants 2000 units we will negotiate a price based on that
    production quantity; if they want 200 we will negotiate based on that
    quantity, but the price would be substantially higher as the quantity
    decreases.

The viewing angle of the SVGA+ screen as used on the previous model (and
    this one if such an order were placed) was not given in degrees, but it
    was not listed as a "wide-view" screen. The small character size due to
    the high resolution makes this essentially a non-issue, as it would be
    unreadable at extreme angles anyway.

Production runs are done as required. No extra units are built for
    "select" distribution."

Although to you and me and several other people, we see the SXGA as superior to the XGA, and to our knowledge we'd think more people would prefer the SXGA. However, rob1116 and many things are based off profit. Corporate and business users make up something like 70-90% of $$ in the computer world. Most companies sell to Personal users, but make majority of bulk $$ from corporate. I know i havent bought 2,000 Servers for my home, but I am sure companies do all the time. They spend in the hundreds of thousands or millions buying things, or buying Bulk licenses to a product of 100, 1000, or 10,000+.

Perhaps the corporate world uses XGA as a common standard more so than many others. As mentioned somewhere that alot of projectors for presentations use and require 1024x768 ONLY, itd be a good idea to make most computers support that. perhaps more people use XGA then we realize?

7. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

the thing i dont get about the fujitsu warranties is the site says their 3 year warranties (screen protection and executive) includes 2 year int'l limited warranty but when u select it, it also selects the 2 year int'l limited which makes those warranties uber expensive and pretty lame =/

8. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

can you get the executive package when you don't order from fujitsu direct?

It seems like a dealbreaker when you have to get the 400 dollar warentee and have to pay TAX also!

ahh...all i wanted was a the cheapest version with a modular bay, port replicator, indoor outdoor, and with the super warentee is like 2700!...doah, before tax!

maybe i should just hope i am not irresponsible and abusive (unlikely) and get the newegg 2300 version...

without my dell complete care warentee i would be at least 6 laptops in the hole, they have done countless onsite repairs on my laptop.

9. JabstaFiend

JabstaFiend Pen Pal - Newbie

American Express offers the same extended warranty as Visa and Master Card. That is how I bought mine.

10. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thats fine as long as the seller supports AmEx.
    Some carry a 2% surcharge for AmEx sales.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.