Expected Shipping date on laptop

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ahamilton55, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megaman1x

megaman1x Pen Pal - Newbie

After 2 weeks in med school, I've come to a realization that a tablet is going to be quite advantageous. After a month of hesitation I finally took the plunge and ordered the T4210. I ordered the T4210 on September 1st and the Fujitsu rep over the phone told me it would take 7-10 days which is fine. However, I checked my order online and it says the expected shipping date is Sept. 26! I should mention that I'm in Canada.

When I was on the phone with the Fujitsu rep he said that because I'm not ordering a "pre-configured" model, that it will take a bit longer (ie. 7-10 days). Where the heck did this Online expected shipping date of Sept 26 come from!

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Get back to the rep, inform them of what you were told and what you have been given.

Now ask for a discount or some goodies thrown in as sweetners.

3. megaman1x

I wish I could do that P8RSON. But I called in and she said those tablets are in high demand in Canada and that's why. But most likely the shipping date will come closer. Ten minutes after that conversation I checked my online account and the expected shipping date lowered by 6 days. It's now expected to ship on September 20. I hope it comes even closer.

4. P8RSON

Surprising how the shipping date suddenly changed so soon after your call isn't it.

I have often found, providing you are courteous and not brash, arrogant or abusive to sales, you can quite often win their hearts and obtain a better answer or discount.
    Language is a powerful tool..... providing it is used correctly.

5. megaman1x

I truly agree. And under normal circumstances, I'd be following up on this issue. But I remember another Canadian on this website tried to poke and prod for some freebies and accessories. The rep told them he wishes he could do that for them, but there's absolutely nothing they can do. I was even told myself once that the sales reps over the phone order the laptops/tablets the exact same way we would from www.fujitsu.ca

I'm not sure if there is any truth to that though.

6. P8RSON

Depends....
    Some companies give staff discounts by ordering the goods under the company name, bypassing valued added tax and other levies then offer the goods direct to staff as a private sales transaction.
    My daughter bought her laptop that way and she got me a nice big Samsung 24" monitor.
    e.g. the monitor would have cost me nearly £900 when she got it for me.
    She however was only asked to pay £390, a saving of 55%

7. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

Lucky for some P8RSON having a lovely daughter that buys you nice stuff. Hold on a minute I dont have any children yet. lol So I have my Mum and Dad to get me good stuff and in a few years I have to do the same. O No lol :)

Personal Note: Must get a full time job in a big company that makes computers or screens and get 50% off. Muhahaha

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  8. P8RSON

Oh she's had her fair share of pennies out of Dad over the years Kurt..... bless her! :D

9. megaman1x

Anything I should know/do when my T4210 does finally come in?

10. P8RSON

Not at all....
    Unlike Toshibs's that have all manner of bloatware, your T4210 will be on in just a few seconds ready to run straight out of the box.

Next stage work out what your going to use the tablet for.
    If it's photoshop or you require a better wacom support you could install the Wacom Enhanced Graphics Driver.
    Other than that....... play away. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015